O's, Nats, come on !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O's, Nats, come on !!

Hey, fans, thanks a lot for buying playoff tickets in advance, sorry we didn't get any further along. And by the way, we're keeping your service charges (estimated to total about $500,000).

Originally, BOTH of these teams claimed this is how mlb decreed the method. mlb said 'bull.sh.it, the individual team decides this'.

Nothing like driving nails into the forheads of your customer base.

(this also happened a few years back as the nyy tried the same thing and an agency of ny state stepped in and forced the yanks to return 90% of the service charge).

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    Hey, fans, thanks a lot for buying playoff tickets in advance, sorry we didn't get any further along. And by the way, we're keeping your service charges (estimated to total about $500,000).

Originally, BOTH of these teams claimed this is how mlb decreed the method. mlb said 'bull.sh.it, the individual team decides this'.

Nothing like driving nails into the forheads of your customer base.

(this also happened a few years back as the nyy tried the same thing and an agency of ny state stepped in and forced the yanks to return 90% of the service charge).

lot's of businesses who sell tickets, keep service charges on returns. It costs money to issue the tickets and also to return the fees afterwards--so some business just build that into the ticket price while others have a separate fee so they can look like their tickets are cheaper. It's a pretty common practice in any business that sells/uses tickets.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      lot's of businesses who sell tickets, keep service charges on returns. It costs money to issue the tickets and also to return the fees afterwards--so some business just build that into the ticket price while others have a separate fee so they can look like their tickets are cheaper. It's a pretty common practice in any business that sells/uses tickets.
      I think it's one thing if you return your tickets and another thing if the event is cancelled.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I think it's one thing if you return your tickets and another thing if the event is cancelled.
        Not really-- the CC companies/banks charge a fee for every transaction you make weather its debiting an account or refunding an account. so it actually costs money to return money even though it should come out even--the vendor loses twice--2 transaction fees. You can argue that the fees aren't equitable with the cost of the transaction, but then the vendor will say--he's also factoring in the man hours, cost of venue along with the fees charged by the bank/CC companies.

Edit: As a vendor you could probably negotiate for fee returns in case of a cancellation, but that a one on one negotiation between vendor and the company he uses to process cards.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
        X