2012 nlcs discussion thread - cardinals vs. giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 nlcs discussion thread - cardinals vs. giants

what, we can't have baseball discussion outside of a yankees thread? well, those losers are cooked, so this can be the thread to discuss post-season baseball that still matters.
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

There's still baseball being played? Fantasy season is over..who cares
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      There's still baseball being played? Fantasy season is over..who cares
      It's understandable that a Pirates fan wouldn't know it, but there's some good baseball in October!
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        It's understandable that a Pirates fan wouldn't know it, but there's some good baseball in October!
        Pirate fan, not really. I root for my fantasy players only. A long time ago i quit rooting for any team. I have no emotional attachment to any sports team anymore. I used to be very emotionally attached to quite a few sports teams, but that died probably 15 years ago.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Nats fan rooting for the Cardinals now that my guys are gone.
          I don't think the Giants have the bats to go toe to toe with the Cards.
          A Detroit vs. St. Louis series could be really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Pirate fan, not really. I root for my fantasy players only. A long time ago i quit rooting for any team. I have no emotional attachment to any sports team anymore. I used to be very emotionally attached to quite a few sports teams, but that died probably 15 years ago.
            So now you are just emotionally attached to being emotional?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
              what, we can't have baseball discussion outside of a yankees thread? well, those losers are cooked, so this can be the thread to discuss post-season baseball that still matters.
              If I were the Giants SP in the next game, I'd pitch Holliday normal his first AB, and then my first pitch on his second AB would be to rip one right under his chin. And if the ump didn't issue warnings, throw it again.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                If I were the Giants SP in the next game, I'd pitch Holliday normal his first AB, and then my first pitch on his second AB would be to rip one right under his chin. And if the ump didn't issue warnings, throw it again.
                Agreed.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Los Gigantes through 7 in Game 3: 9 hits, 5 walks... 1 run?!

Ouch.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Who the hell is the ump for this game?

Comment

This is the Giants offense we were expecting.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Nine singles and three doubles yielding eight runs for the Cardinals. Dull but effective. One reason why the Cardinals are still playing, free-swingers take note.

Fox execs must be sh**ting their drawers right now. "Oh no, no East Coast teams, maybe no West Coast team in the World Series, we're dooooooooomed!"
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

I'm not sure which year feels more torturous, 2010 with our inability to score or this year having so many do or die games. I love this Giants team but man they are doing a number on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                            I'm not sure which year feels more torturous, 2010 with our inability to score or this year having so many do or die games. I love this Giants team but man they are doing a number on my nerves.
                            Trust me, it was worse being a Rangers fan last year.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Trust me, it was worse being a Rangers fan last year.

J
                              I dunno, I'd have thought it would have been worse this year.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X