NL Wildcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Wildcard

meanwhile, over in the senior circuit ...
    St. Louis continues to quietly move on
    0%
    Atlanta & Medlen keep the streak going
    0%
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Given a roughly equal pitching match-up, can anybody really predict the outcome of a single game? Flip a coin.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Braves will never lose again when Medlen pitches. They should have him start every game, just throw one pitch and then take him out except for his real start.

Comment

Wow, infield fly on a ball to the outfield!? That might be a worse call than the Packers-Seahawks game. Now the Braves fans are acting unbelievably classless.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Fifteen minutes later and they are STILL throwing things on the field!? Atlanta you should be embarrassed, that's a complete joke. I know it was an awful call but c'mon have some class.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

That was such a blatantly wrong call in such a critical moment I'm not surprised by the immediate reaction by the fans. However, throwing debris after the final out as the players were leaving the field was disgraceful. Braves should definitely file a protest though.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              That was such a blatantly wrong call in such a critical moment I'm not surprised by the immediate reaction by the fans. However, throwing debris after the final out as the players were leaving the field was disgraceful. Braves should definitely file a protest though.
              Any and every item thrown = classless

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

And I guess after 19 years in the Bigs it's ok to loaf on your last at bat.

Comment

protest! protest! protest!
                  ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

F You, Bud Selig

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      F You, Bud Selig
                      What did Bud have to do with this? Torre denied the protest, then Wren withdrew it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X