One Year Too Early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Too Early

Timing is everything in this game. Looks like I was one year early on Kris Medlen. Man, I owned this guy every year. Spent the money at auction on Anthony Bass instead of Kris Medlen. Kicking myself now. Medlen looks like a great keeper for 2013 (though I worry about his ability to stay healthy, I would take the risk).

Anyone else miss an up-and-comer by one year?

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Timing is everything in this game. Looks like I was one year early on Kris Medlen. Man, I owned this guy every year. Spent the money at auction on Anthony Bass instead of Kris Medlen. Kicking myself now. Medlen looks like a great keeper for 2013 (though I worry about his ability to stay healthy, I would take the risk).

Trout Had him last year didn't grab him this spring.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

With me it was Gio Gonzalez.

JJ
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I let a solid,but not keeper worthy, RA Dickey go at $2.

Comment

Aroldis Chapman. I could have kept him but we do a slow, email draft and he was going to be a starter, maybe in the minors, by the time we started the draft. I let him go and someone else took him a round before I was going to get him back.

Comment

Encarnacion

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Encarnacion
              Same here. I drafted him 2 years ago in RJEL for $7, kept him last year, but traded him away mid-season in a failed attempt to contend.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

I even picked up Medlen this year, but dumped him when he wasn't getting the K's I want from my MR's. Whoops.

Guilty of Gio too, thought I saw signs of an injury coming.

Looks like I did a good job battling throughout the year, but lack of top-end guys is going to have me fall just short in my roto's - won both H2H's. Currently 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and 4th in my roto's. No chance of a title in one, slim in the other two, and not good in the last. Looking a lot like last year, a whole lot of runner up's.

Comment

Working...
                X