Ozzie Guillen wearing out his welcome in Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzie Guillen wearing out his welcome in Miami

Guillen now spouting off about Marlins thin-skinned owner Jeffrey Loria. That should get him a one way ticket out of Miami.

"If Jeffrey doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager," Guillen said. "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-rou...BhK8AQf5mFCLcF
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I wonder if Jack McKeon is busy this week.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fire Ozzie and bring in Bobby Valentine, perhaps?

The Fish keep changing managers and getting the same results. Repeating the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, even in a place as psycho as southeast Florida.

Perhaps making changes in other areas would be the right answer. Start with a new owner, CEO, and/or GM? Seriously, the only owners who would vote against anyone not named McCourt as a new owner for the Marlins are the other owners in the NL East.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

If anyone watched The Franchise they'd know the Marlins front office/coaching staff is a nightmare train wreck and i'd still make an even swap for them with the Mets crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
          If anyone watched The Franchise they'd know the Marlins front office/coaching staff is a nightmare train wreck and i'd still make an even swap for them with the Mets crew.
          Harsh. C'mon, Sandy got Zack Wheeler for a Beltran rental. That was pretty good. And Dickey. Harvey was a good draft pick so far (prior regime maybe?). But still... Our current guys Sandy and crew) didn't sign Jason Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            With the way the Marlins and Mets have been and are run, perhaps the accomplishments of the Phils, Braves, and now the Nationals aren't as great as we thought. Maybe a front office (like a manager) doesn't have to be super-smart to win, just not dumb.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Harsh. C'mon, Sandy got Zack Wheeler for a Beltran rental. That was pretty good. And Dickey. Harvey was a good draft pick so far (prior regime maybe?). But still... Our current guys Sandy and crew) didn't sign Jason Bay.
              Sandy Alderson is an overpaid caretaker on loan from MLB as a favor to Wilpon from Selig. Dickey/Harvey was on Minaya's watch. He made one lucky trade with a desperate team at the deadline. BFD.

Under his watch he's had two teams that will go down in Mets lore as some of the worst ever put on the field. The Mets are a joke from top to bottom, but hey we got Wheeler! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

How can Ozzie lose his job when he has to deal with morons from the front office all the way to the bullpen.

Heath Bell offered us this gem yesterday:
                "I stunk in April, plain and simple," Bell said. "I said I stunk, I worked hard, I busted my butt. I think I've had a tremendous second half. I'm not closing -- I know that. But I just kept my mouth shut because I want to regain what I had, and I feel like I can't do that."

If tremendous means I suck ass, then I totally agree.

Comment

And he's gone, after presiding over the NL version of the Bobby V debacle.

At least he won't have to work for Loria anymore.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

too bad ozzie the ass hat didn't have the staying power of fidel castro. now he can go manage the cuban national team.
                    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

nobody has staying power when Loria is involved.

Comment

This is the same owner that ran the Expos into the ground and out of Montreal. He was then rewarded by being allowed to buy the Marlins franchise in 2002 and take EVERYTHING that was property of the Montreal Expos with him including the scouting reports, office staff, on-field staff and computer equipment (cause lord know there are no computers in South Florida). The Marlins won the World Series in 2003 due predominantly to the efforts of players that were already on the roster when Loria bought the team.

With the exception of the Marlins winning the 2003 World Series, all of the above was, if not orchestrated, completely approved by Allen "Bud" Selig.

There is a special circle in hell that is reserved for child rapers, serial killers, Jeffrey Loria and Bud Selig. May they all burn for eternity.

My only regret in Ozzie being fired is that he won't be able to mis-manage the Marlins further.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                        X