Trade Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Help

NL only 5x5 (k/9) 10 team keeper league.

I came out of our draft 2 weekends ago with the following staff: Wainwright-20, Marmol-14, FCordero-13, Minor-5, Madson-2, DHudson-3

I drafted Derek Lowe-1, Mike Adams-2 and Broxton-11

So, needless to say, I took a big hit with Wainwright (3 f'n days after the draft!!), but I do have flexibility with closers.

I have a few options out there:

Marmol for Gallardo-19 and Gregorson
    Marmol for Hanson
    Cordero for Garza-3 and McClellan
    and maybe Marmol for Billingsley

I would prefer to deal Cordero, but the interest is minimal (viewed as an unreliable closer).

What say you they 'pen?
    Last edited by luckyheel; 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM.

Are you playing for this year or are you more concerned with gathering assets that might be trade bait later?

Comment

What are the values and contract lengths of the players you would be trading for. I see only 19 for Gallardo.

Comment

Any reason why your draft is so early? Thats a huge red flag IMO as far as the league.

On to your question.

Marmol for Hanson is the only trade I would do in your shoes. You dont need to panic in a k/9 league. Build up a save lead and a good k/9 and revisit in May or June.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
          Are you playing for this year or are you more concerned with gathering assets that might be trade bait later?
          Well, ideally I would like to play for this year and then re-assess in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            What are the values and contract lengths of the players you would be trading for. I see only 19 for Gallardo.
            I only listed a salary for players that could be kept (Garza and Gallardo). Everyone else would be in their final year and be tossed back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Any reason why your draft is so early? Thats a huge red flag IMO as far as the league.
              No red flag at all. This league has been in existence for almost 20 years. Various schedule issues forced us to draft early...sucked for me with Wainwright, but, no worries about the league.

On to your question.

Marmol for Hanson is the only trade I would do in your shoes. You dont need to panic in a k/9 league. Build up a save lead and a good k/9 and revisit in May or June.
              Thanks...I'm debating almost daily whether to use my saves chip now, or wait it out....

Comment

Working...
              X