Are there any call-ups worth grabbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon View Post
    Why for Cloyd? Good numers in the minors this year.
    An acquaintance who went to the Reds-Phils game Monday told me, "Cloyd's stuff isn't anything terrific, but he fooled the hell out of the Reds." May be a once-around-the-league good gamble.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

How about Eric Stults? Since he became a starter, over 6 games and 38 innings, his whip is 1.05 and his ERA 1.66. Doesn't get many strikeouts but he doesn't walk anyone. One of the few starters still available in my league.

Comment

Adam Eaton the OF (not the SP!) could play a lot for the DBacks.
        Reed Johnson will get a lot of ABs for the Braves, maybe "George" Constanza for Braves, too, with the Uggla demotion.
        deep NL-only, obviously.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Which of these guys will have a job in April, or by the end of May at least?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            Why for Cloyd? Good numers in the minors this year.
            His fastball clocks in at about 86-88mph. He's looked decent so far, but he's more suspect than prospect still.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Shelby Miller P STL, top prospect who made his debut in relief today. I bet he'll get a start before the year is out.

Comment

Just read that Chris Archer (Rays) will get called up soon, presumably to take over for Cobb after he reaches his innings limit. Might be worth a grab if you could keep him for cheap.

Comment

Just call up Billy Hamilton and give him 100 PAs!
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    Just call up Billy Hamilton and give him 100 PAs!
                    More likely 25 pinch running opps.
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Darin Ruf being called up today by the phillies. He had a very good season at AA (at 26 years old) this year, but I'm not sure how many ABs he will get or if the phillies will even trust him in LF at all. Probably not worth a look.

Here's Phuture Phillies' write up on him from their end of year wrap-up.
                      Darin Ruf, 26, Phils 20th round pick in 2009. .317/.408/.620 in 489 AB’s; 38 HR 104 RBI; 2/2SB; 12%bb/18% k ratio; .392 vs. LH, .284 vs. RH, .286 with RISP; .349 with 20 HR since August 1. 107 games at 1B with 4 errors (.995) 7.75 R/F; 28 games in the OF without an error; 3 OF assists; If Ruf picked a statline to shoot for in 2012, it was what you just read. He did it all and did it well. He is blocked at 1B, and I would expect him to see a considerable amount of time in LF in Lehigh Valley next year, with starts at 1B as well. It will be very tough to keep a bat like this out of the lineup. Is his defense as bad as the Phillies lead us to believe? I have seen him about a half a dozen times and he is slow. That being said, he is far more capable then others I have seen, in the OF even at the AAA level. When he gets to the ball, he does the right thing.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                      X