No announcement yet.

Liriano to the Yanks Rumour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that Montero is worth more as a catcher for the Yankees than he would be as a catcher/1B for the Twins. His current and most likely future positions are both blocked in Minnesota. Even at DH, there are a lot of candidates in Minnesota. Also keep in mind that Montero isn't exactly a proven commodity at the ML level.

The way I see it is that Liriano isn't a proven commodity, but has shown flashes at the major league level, while Montero, for all his massive potential, isn't anything yet.

I don't see a deal any time soon (which usually means it'll happen any minute now ). Montero would be too much as the Yankees see it, Nova too little as the Twins see it. Maybe Banuelos?
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      Keep in mind that Montero is worth more as a catcher for the Yankees than he would be as a catcher/1B for the Twins. His current and most likely future positions are both blocked in Minnesota. Even at DH, there are a lot of candidates in Minnesota. Also keep in mind that Montero isn't exactly a proven commodity at the ML level.

The way I see it is that Liriano isn't a proven commodity, but has shown flashes at the major league level, while Montero, for all his massive potential, isn't anything yet.

I don't see a deal any time soon (which usually means it'll happen any minute now ). Montero would be too much as the Yankees see it, Nova too little as the Twins see it. Maybe Banuelos?
      Not necessarily. The Yanks have Romine and Sanchez as well in the pipeline and since Montero is a defensive liablity, he figures to more likely slot in as a DH while getting 2nd catcher-type starts.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        No Banuelos. I like him too much. How about Brackman, Romine and Nova? Probably lacking that top guy. I read that Cashman actually offered Nova and Ramiro Pena. That's pretty insulting.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Man, the Yankees have a LOT of very serious minor league talent right now. Their system is pretty stacked....not Royals stacked, but nice nonetheless.
          I can never tell if you are being serious or not when it involves what could be a compliment regarding the Yankees.

What is Brackman's value outside the Yankee world?
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            I can never tell if you are being serious or not when it involves what could be a compliment regarding the Yankees.

What is Brackman's value outside the Yankee world?
            He has to be serious this time because it's very true.

ETA: Though I wish they had more offensive prospects outside of C.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Once again, having bazillions of dollars at your disposal pays off nicely in terms of talent. I haven't looked it up but I'd guess that the Yankees consistently pay over slot and end up with the brilliant farm system they have now. I have to think it's top 5 at this point.

As for Brackman, I think his star has faded considerably since being drafted. He's still considered to be somewhere between the 3rd and 6th best Yankee prospect. He has injury issues (TJ surgery already) and has had mixed results in the minors. That said, he's coming off of what's obviously his best season so far. I think he profiles as a reliever, though. Either that or a mid-end rotation guy. He isn't young for a prospect and he really has a lot to prove this year, imo.
              I think his star is actually on the rebound. It was pretty much a given the first step after drafting him would be TJ, that's why the Yanks were able to get him. Then when he took the requisite time to recover from TJ, instead of blasting back on the scene like a Strasburg, everyone gave up on him. Now he's back to where he probably would have been in his third pro season without TJ and seems to be progressing as one would hope. His ceiling may be lower than it would have been without the surgery, but I think he'll be good enough to at least reach that mid-rotation starter status. However, with all the other superior SP prospects right behind him, a 42-year old closer, and soon-to-be-traded failed heir apparent, future closer just may be the best use of Brackman, which wouldn't be bad fantasy-wise.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

that 7.71 ERA is getting puffier today.

any insight to his suckitis?
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  that 7.71 ERA is getting puffier today.

any insight to his suckitis?
                  Some insight here: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...es-to-contact/

As a Liriano owner, that is the last time I take lunch at a bar specifically to watch him pitch on TV.

Comment

Working...
                  X