Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates release Erik Bedard

from Rotoworld:

Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Pirates have released Erik Bedard.
    The report has been confirmed by Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Bedard entered June with a 3.12 ERA over 10 starts, but he's fallen apart since then, posting a 6.44 ERA over 14 outings. He can still be dominant at times, as evidenced by his 8.5 K/9 rate and two 11-strikeout games, so it's possible someone will pick him up for the stretch run. Kevin Correia will take Bedard's spot in the rotation.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Not convinced Correia gets the rotation spot. Hoping he doesn't. But Hurdle loves his veterans.

Comment

Do the Pirates have anyone better than Correia down at Indy? If not, he's the one to reinsert into the rotation.

All I care about is the magic number, which is now 13. To heck with making the playoffs, nice as that would be. Thirteen wins out of 33 games to be played, and The Streak is history!
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        Do the Pirates have anyone better than Correia down at Indy? If not, he's the one to reinsert into the rotation.
        Maybe. Jeff Locke, Kyle McPherson, & Justin Wilson all could have more talent than Correia. But, the Pirates seem to always prefer breaking in the young pitchers as long relievers.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Maybe. Jeff Locke, Kyle McPherson, & Justin Wilson all could have more talent than Correia. But, the Pirates seem to always prefer breaking in the young pitchers as long relievers.
          Locke would probably be the best bet. Wilson is probably going to work as a reliever in September, though I think he can still be a good starter in the long run. I think either Locke or McPherson would be better than Correia.

Comment

Working...
          X