Average Auction Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Auction Values

ESPN has them, does anyone know if CBS or any other sites provide them? I'm hoping CBS does because they probably have the highest number of auctions taking place on their site and therefore would have the most representative values.

I'm talking about a compilation of actual auction prices from actual auction drafts, not someone's projected auction value based on their projected stats. I'm looking for what players are actually selling for.

As I said, ESPN has them, though they only provide the dollar value. I'd also like a feel for the range of selling prices, highs and lows, for each particular player and I wish they told you how many drafts are being compiled. I suspect it's still a little early to have too many actual auctions taking place.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Do you have a link to the auction values? Thank you.

I was under the impression that they just post one set of auction values, early on and don't change them.

Comment

Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

I just found Yahoo's also, and their numbers actually look a little more indicative of what I'd expect players to go for. I thought ESPN's seemed a bit low. I thought more than two players would be over $40 average. I don't really have an explanation for why the numbers wouldn't be more in line except maybe it's too early and not enough drafts are being compiled yet to balance out the outliers.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen.

Comment

I'd love to see some Only league valuations, if anybody can find a link to something like that.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Does anyone have any new sources for AAV, particularly is there a way to access a compilation of all the NFBC Auction Results, particularly Only Leagues?

Comment

I like to use Fantasypros.com for aggregate positional rankings in fantasy football, and it looks like they have expert AAVs on their page.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

NFBC is a pay league organization, so they don't give away their data unless you're a member of one of their leagues, IIRC. I think you may be able to get older data on Rotowire, but not 100% sure.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                    Does anyone have any new sources for AAV, particularly is there a way to access a compilation of all the NFBC Auction Results, particularly Only Leagues?
                    Until this season, there's been only one NFBC AL and one NL only league a season - drafted live in Vegas. So even if it were tracked, it really isn't much use. This month I'm running an on-line AL and NL only league for them, the AL has drafted, the NL is scheduled for Friday (and has openings).

What I do have is AAV for the 15-team mixed on line leagues we've run for the NFBC. I need to add a couple recent leagues, probably this afternoon, at which point there will be about 15 leagues' worth of data. Pardon the gratuitous pitch for a little web site, but the link for the 15-team mixed AAV is

Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                      Until this season, there's been only one NFBC AL and one NL only league a season - drafted live in Vegas. So even if it were tracked, it really isn't much use. This month I'm running an on-line AL and NL only league for them, the AL has drafted, the NL is scheduled for Friday (and has openings).

What I do have is AAV for the 15-team mixed on line leagues we've run for the NFBC. I need to add a couple recent leagues, probably this afternoon, at which point there will be about 15 leagues' worth of data. Pardon the gratuitous pitch for a little web site, but the link for the 15-team mixed AAV is

http://www.mastersball.com/index.php...rticle&id=4306
                      Thanks Todd. Particularly like the highs and lows.

Comment

One problem with using espn or yahoo avg auction values is that so many are free leagues with noshow owners, and everyone has access to their values, so the avg auction values for yahoo is likely skewed toward the yahoo ratings, while the avg auction values for espn is skewed toward the espn ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                          One problem with using espn or yahoo avg auction values is that so many are free leagues with noshow owners, and everyone has access to their values, so the avg auction values for yahoo is likely skewed toward the yahoo ratings, while the avg auction values for espn is skewed toward the espn ratings.
                          Still more useful than looking at one draft, even an "expert" draft where that particular draft's dynamics can throw off values. Gather the kind of volume Yahoo and ESPN generate and most of the outliers should come out in the wash.

The big problem I have with Yahoo is they appear to be primarily mixed leagues and therefore, after the studs, the lower tier players go far cheaper than they will in my Only Leagues.

Right now, while there are only 10, and soon to be 15, I think Todd's compilation is the most useful source and I particularly like that he shows the results for each draft instead of just the average, so you can see if there are any ouliers, as well as the highest and lowest bid on a particular player.

Comment

Working...
                          X