X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A's get Stephen Drew

According to the live broadcast...

Confirmed all over Twitter.

Ken Rosenthal: Just announced: #Athletics acquire shortstop Stephen Drew from #Diamondbacks for Class A shortstop Sean Jamieson.
    Last edited by Jefe; 08-20-2012, 11:26 PM. Reason: confirmation

Who will get the majority of at-bats at SS in Arizona?

Comment

Originally posted by Clams View Post
      Who will get the majority of at-bats at SS in Arizona?
      Jake Elmore. (Who?)

At least until the immortal Willie Bloomquist returns.

Comment

Come on JC, the guy from Blues Brothers doesn't play baseball.

I picked him up in my NL league since I had Drew. A look at his AAA numbers shows a ton of speed (32 SB/8 CS) and excellent contact skills (.344 BA, .442 OBP, 74 BB/54 K) yet he wasn't even one of BA's top 30 prospects for the D-Backs. Shouldn't numbers like that from a 25-year-old middle infielder in AAA be generating more buzz even if it is the PCL?

Comment

He's had a nice run in AAA but a lot of guys on that team have. Elmore had a 31-game hitting streak earlier this year and I think he was hitting over .400 as late as the end of May. Having absolutely no power while playing in Reno is a pretty bad sign though.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Shouldn't numbers like that from a 25-year-old middle infielder in AAA be generating more buzz even if it is the PCL?
            The problem is that almost everyone in AAA Reno has numbers like that - Randy Ruiz (1.019 OPS), Adam Eaton (.998) Ryan Wheeler (.960), Cody Ransom (.929), Josh Bell (.907), Mike Jacobs (.907)

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
              The problem is that almost everyone in AAA Reno has numbers like that - Randy Ruiz (1.019 OPS), Adam Eaton (.998) Ryan Wheeler (.960), Cody Ransom (.929), Josh Bell (.907), Mike Jacobs (.907)
              so you like bloomquist for the rest of 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
                so you like bloomquist for the rest of 2012?
                Probably, but Bloomquist is hurt right now, and probably won't be able to play until the weekend, at the earliest. So Elmore will get a chance this week. And if the D-Backs fall completely out of the race, then they could decide to see what Elmore can do.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                  The problem is that almost everyone in AAA Reno has numbers like that - Randy Ruiz (1.019 OPS), Adam Eaton (.998), Ryan Wheeler (.960), Cody Ransom (.929), Josh Bell (.907), Mike Jacobs (.907)
                  Jesus! He converted to a hitter! The Snakes must be desperate. How old is he anyway?!
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    Jesus! He converted to a hitter! The Snakes must be desperate. How old is he anyway?!
                    Different guy. Funny, I know.

Comment

Working...
                    X