• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is the better package?

utley $13 s2, oscar tavares $10 s2, shelby miller 7 L2

or

pedro alvarez $7 s2 and andrelton simmons $10 s2

going into 2013...

Unless in your setup the $13 extra isn't worth Utley and what I see as 2 better young players I think you have to take the top line here. I get to see a lot of the AA Cards and I think Tavares is going to be something VERY special. I'm not saying he's a young Vlad just that he possesses one of Vlad's more amazing talents. He has the ability to hit pretty much anything he swings at hard, even bad pitches. That's very different than swinging at everything, because like Vlad he doesn't, he just hits so many of the poor pitches he does swing at so hard, it's amazing to watch. Shelby was really good here last year too and has the stuff to be dominant anywhere. I'm not 100% sold on him though. How can I say this nicely? He could become one of those who never performs to his immense talent if he doesn't become more professional in his decisions and work ethic. $7 isn't too much to risk in hopes he buckles down, it could pay off handsomely.

In the other package Simmons is the carrot IMO. I see him developing into a + NL SS for fantasy purposes but don't see anywhere near the potential ceiling I see with Tavares.

I realize I can't be totally objective in my response so you'll have to weigh that appropriately. But I am in no way a STL Cards homer, in fact the only MLB team I dislike more wears pinstripes. It's just that I'm a baseball fan who happens to now reside in the Card's AA marketplace.

Comment

Tkx, I took the first deal

Comment

Working...
      X