• Show
Clear All

• Cespedes, Hosmer or Konerko for next year

12 team AL only roto keeper 5x5 w/obp $260 draft day salary then goes up

Who would you take in

Cespedes $24 good for 2 more years
    Konerko $19 good for 2 more years
    Hosmer $10 good for next year or add $5 per year

I have Homser and Konerko and was thinking of trying to trade for Cespedes not only to help try to win this year, but also as a decent keeper for next. I may offer Hosmer or Konerko and Dirks $2 2013 for Cespedes and Morales $21 not a keeper.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Hosmer
    Cespedes
    ~~~~~~
    Konerko

Hosmer and Dirks $2 2013
    for
    Cespedes 24 and Morales

seems fair for a Hosmer fan.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 08-12-2012, 01:20 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Hosmer
      Cespedes
      ~~~~~~
      Konerko

Hosmer and Dirks $2 2013
      for
      Cespedes and Morales $2

seems fair for a Hosmer fan.
      I would think the dumping team should be able to get more than Dirks and Hosmer for Cespedes and Morales. I could see that deal for just either Cespedes or Morales, but not both. I dont really understand all the Hosmer love and at $10 that is really not that great of a value for next year. I am in a AL only league, and I doubt he would go for much more than $10 if he were in our auction. Let me know if you are able to get the 2 guys you target. I would love to be in a league with dumpers like that.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
        I would think the dumping team should be able to get more than Dirks and Hosmer for Cespedes and Morales. I could see that deal for just either Cespedes or Morales, but not both. I dont really understand all the Hosmer love and at $10 that is really not that great of a value for next year. I am in a AL only league, and I doubt he would go for much more than $10 if he were in our auction. Let me know if you are able to get the 2 guys you target. I would love to be in a league with dumpers like that.
        Hosmer has a lower K rate and higher walk and SB rates than last year. This is a classic sophomore slump. I will predict he betters his 2011 numbers next year.

I agree, more than $15 is a reach for him next year, but I also think $30 for Cespedes is a reach, so they are similarly prices relative to their value. Is anyone expecting 30 HR from Cespedes in 2013?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          Morales is not a keeper next year at $21 qualifying only at DH. Cespedes at $23 is ok, not a huge value. Hosmer at $10 is a decent value next year. Konerko at $19 is also a decent value for next year especially in a obp league.

I am giving the dumper his choice of Hosmer or Konerko and Dirks for Morales and Cespedes. He likes konerko, but I wouldn't do that for just Morlaes. I'm not going to sell Homser to low. I have to get something that helps more this year or I'll just gamble and take him in.

Comment

Working...
          X