Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big offer, don't know what to make of it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big offer, don't know what to make of it...

12 team mixed, traditional 5x5, 1st yr keeper (8), no salaries, out of money contention and rebuilding for 2013.

I'm being offered Lawrie, Hosmer, Bautista, and Grandal for Fielder, Middlebrooks, and an undetermined pitcher.

My current keeper list of 8 is: Fielder, Bonifacio, Middlebrooks, Tulowitzki, CarGo, and Braun...other possibilities are Sandoval, Arencibia, Marte, Morrow...and youngsters like Myers, Olt, and Machado.

I think this would make my keeper list: Hosmer, Bonifacio, Lawrie, Tulo, CarGo, Braun, Bautista...then choose an 8th from the "others" listed above. Heck, I'd probably not keep Bonifacio at that point and could add a second from that list.

Strongly considering this. Should I jump on it? It all comes down to Hosmer rebounding next year and Lawrie taking the next step. Prince is a given next year, and I love Middlebrooks.

HELP!!!

The other thing is that is likely makes this owner's keeper list next year look something like: Fielder, Goldschmidt, Trumbo, Middlebrooks, Hanley, Trout, McCutcheon, and then one of Kipnis, Montero, CLee, Wainwright, Latos, Cain. He's going to be stacked either way.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I like this deal pretty well for you. The other guy is obviously just gunning for Fielder and throwing a bunch of other spare parts in the deal, but you still get Joey Bats and your keeper list gets even better.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I like this deal pretty well for you. The other guy is obviously just gunning for Fielder and throwing a bunch of other spare parts in the deal, but you still get Joey Bats and your keeper list gets even better.
        That's how dominant his team is this year, LOL. Those guys really are spare parts for him this year, but they could be key components to me building a championship team next year. I won this league last year before we decided to make it a keeper league, and after a questionable draft and a ton of injuries, I want to reclaim that top spot.

Bautista makes my OF look that much better, but going from Fielder-Middlebrooks to Hosmer-Lawrie is what I'm trying to decide on.

Comment

I don't love it. Will Hosmer rebound? Will Bautista stay healthy? Will Lawrie take the next step? Many questions. Personally I would keep Fielder and Middlebrooks.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Middlebrooks has a broken wrist after getting hit by a pitch yesterday. Just one more thing to consider.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Working...
            X