• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Gomez, finally showing signs

For his career, Gomez has had a really bad combo going against him:
    - High K rate
    - Low BB rate
    - Low isoPower

But he's still just 26 (27 in July), and he has speed and defense. If he starts producing a decent AVG or OBP, he's a solid fantasy guy. At 6'4", he arguably can't produce a decent OBP with just patience, he's got to hit.

And here's three signs that he might:
    - starting last season, and continued into this one, his isoPower appeared. Before 2011, he was around .100. 2011 he was at .180, this season he's at .210.
    - He's had two stretches this season where he's been very effective, and both coincided with low K rates. April: .893 OPS, 3 K in 45 PA, and post-break: .912 OPS, 11 K in 76 PA.
    - This quote (source article: link, credited to DENNIS PUNZEL | Wisconsin State Journal): "Often criticized as being stubborn for his swing-from-the-heels approach, Gomez credits hitting coach Johnny Narron for helping him make some adjustments at the plate that have led up to his hot streak. He’s reduced his crouch, raised his hands and added more of a leg kick into his stride."
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

One of many things that have gone right for me in Mock One this year. And he was a WW pickup.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
    X