• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad was this offer?

12 team AL only keeper 5x5 roto w/ obp

I offered A.J. Griffin $5 good for 2 years for Buchholz $16 up this year

Was countered

My Griffin, Hosmer $10 next yr and Dirks $2 next year for Buchholz, Upton $33 and D.Young $19, so no keepers

Is this even worth tweaking? We do have a salary cap and I have Longo and A-rod on the DL

Maybe my Dirks and Griffin for Buchholz and Upton? is that a fair counter? I really only wanted Buchholz, but he wont do a Griffin straight up. I can't see putting Hosmer in a deal for those guys.

Thanks

Hosmer's been in a helluva sophomore slump, but if you're in a position to win, it's a decent deal. In an OBP league neither Hosmer, Young nor Upton really help anyway though.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Hosmer's been in a helluva sophomore slump, but if you're in a position to win, it's a decent deal. In an OBP league neither Hosmer, Young nor Upton really help anyway though.
      How much better would the deal look if I was able to get his $22 Mauer?

My Griffin, Hosmer, Dirks and add Jaso $3 2 yrs for Buchholz, Upton and Mauer?

I'm 6 points out of first and 2 out of 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
        How much better would the deal look if I was able to get his $22 Mauer?

My Griffin, Hosmer, Dirks and add Jaso $3 2 yrs for Buchholz, Upton and Mauer?

I'm 6 points out of first and 2 out of 2nd
        Yeah I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Comment

Yeah I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.
          Or for my Hosmer, Y.Escobar $11 next yr, Dirks, Griffin and res pick i may be able to get

Morales $21 not a keeper, Aybar $11, Cespedes $24 maybe a keeper?, Liriano $18 and Colon $10

You like this or the other possible trade better?

Comment

Nah, I'd take the Mauer deal.

Comment

Nah, I'd take the Mauer deal.
              Well, the other owner really wants to hold onto Mauer for next year. I've held on to Hosmer this long and I just feel like Upton and D.Young are not going to make the difference. I have no problem trading anyone, but at this point, doing this trade does not come close enough in my mind to giving me a chance to come back and win it. All I wanted was to do a deal for an expiring contract in Buchholz and I think Griffin is a good enough keeper to trade for 8-10 starts out of Buc.

Comment

Working...
              X