Dealt Stras-- ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealt Stras-- ****

Ok so you guys have been very helpful in my back n forth on dealing stras, so here's the update. I dropped out of 1st and am 3 points behind the new leader-- My offense is killing me so I needed and infusion.

I added Soriano and C Young (OF) last week and this week made a deal with the guy in 6th who's dumping which leaves only the 5 guys going for it and relatively no more help for anyone.

10 team NL only, 5x5.

I sent Strasburg $4 2 of 3, Rizzo $10 2 of 3 and Bauer $11 1 of 3

I get McCann, Kubel, Hamels, Prado, Ike Davis and Uggla.

Hamels allows me to keep my dominance in pitching and the other 5 should give me 2 months to regain and keep the lead.

hated to do it, wish I had gotten more, but I want to win this--

Thoughs?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

what the hell happened to your lead? Good lord what a choke job

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      what the hell happened to your lead? Good lord what a choke job
      when you're starting the offense I had, it was a miracle I was ever in the lead.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

sounds like that could be a winning ticket...
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Ok so you guys have been very helpful in my back n forth on dealing stras, so here's the update. I dropped out of 1st and am 3 points behind the new leader-- My offense is killing me so I needed and infusion.

I added Soriano and C Young (OF) last week and this week made a deal with the guy in 6th who's dumping which leaves only the 5 guys going for it and relatively no more help for anyone.

10 team NL only, 5x5.

I sent Strasburg $4 2 of 3, Rizzo $10 2 of 3 and Bauer $11 1 of 3

I get McCann, Kubel, Hamels, Prado, Ike Davis and Uggla.

Hamels allows me to keep my dominance in pitching and the other 5 should give me 2 months to regain and keep the lead.

hated to do it, wish I had gotten more, but I want to win this--

Thoughs?
          Never easy to judge trades w/out the full context- i.e. if Hamels slots in for Stras, and Ike for Rizzo- for me it boils down to the 4 players being replaced by McCann, Kubel, Prado, Uggla. Obviously there's a lot of thump in that group, but also a fair amount of AVG risk and only a handful of SB from Prado. So it also depends on your category position(s), and what to expect from your competitors.

But hey, you've already done the deal, and there's nothing worse than a Monday-morning quarterback...so go get that title

Comment

Depending on who those offensive players are replacing, it looks like a very good deal, imho.

Trading Strasbourg is tough, but hey, flags fly forever, right? Do what you have to do this year to win and deal with next year next year.

Comment

Looks like you got a really good group of players, the type that could make the difference. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by hombre View Post
                Never easy to judge trades w/out the full context- i.e. if Hamels slots in for Stras, and Ike for Rizzo- for me it boils down to the 4 players being replaced by McCann, Kubel, Prado, Uggla. Obviously there's a lot of thump in that group, but also a fair amount of AVG risk and only a handful of SB from Prado. So it also depends on your category position(s), and what to expect from your competitors.

But hey, you've already done the deal, and there's nothing worse than a Monday-morning quarterback...so go get that title
                What he said!

Comment

Working...
                X