Pirates and Reds - baseball's newest heated rivalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates and Reds - baseball's newest heated rivalry

I think we've got us a heated rivalry folks.

Man, Latos & Chapman were dealing tonight. Though, i think McCutchen got the boys fired up for tomorrow with his un-Cutch-like angry outburst after getting "plunked" with a 101 mph heater from Chapman. You know that had to hurt. Hope his left shoulder is ok.

I'm betting that someone from Cincinnati gets plunked tomorrow.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

The Pirates definitely took that as intentional. The dugout was not happy. I wonder how soon tomorrow J-Mac throws hight and tight to someone. Though the way J-Mac has been pitching he may throw high and tight all day by accident.

Comment

Two really good baseball towns. I hope they both make the playoffs - good for baseball.

Nationals, too, though they're not quite the scrappy underdog and they didn't have a team for 30+ years so less game-day suffering.
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'd be a lot happier for the Nationals if MLB had just let them stay in Montreal.

One of the many great achievements for Allan "Bud" Selig.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
          I'd be a lot happier for the Nationals if MLB had just let them stay in Montreal.

One of the many great achievements for Allan "Bud" Selig.
          I don't get this, John. The move of the Expos to Washington has been nothing short of an amazing success, turning them from baseball's Siberia into a contender that likes to spend dough, with a great new stadium in a great city. The Expos averaged less than 10k/game their last five seasons, which is less than many minor league teams.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I don't get this, John. The move of the Expos to Washington has been nothing short of an amazing success, turning them from baseball's Siberia into a contender that likes to spend dough, with a great new stadium in a great city. The Expos averaged less than 10k/game their last five seasons, which is less than many minor league teams.
            And they played in an absolute dump of a stadium that was literally falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              Though the way J-Mac has been pitching he may throw high and tight all day by accident.
              He's got to be hurt, right? He went from being someone whose name could be legitimately mentioned with other CY candidates to an absolute bum in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                He's got to be hurt, right? He went from being someone whose name could be legitimately mentioned with other CY candidates to an absolute bum in the blink of an eye.
                If they had traded for another pitcher or put him on the DL as soon as they traded for Wandy the answer would have been yes. If he is hurt at this point I would guess he is hiding it from the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  If they had traded for another pitcher or put him on the DL as soon as they traded for Wandy the answer would have been yes. If he is hurt at this point I would guess he is hiding it from the organization.
                  That's what I'm suggesting. I think something is wrong, but he's not letting the staff know...which I admit would be stupid. But you never know about athletes and their belief that they can play through anything.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    2 factors: 1) They got shafted the year they were en route to victory; and 2) They had an owner who couldn't compete financially. I bet in today's media environment they would do just fine in Montreal. Having the team in DC is good, to be sure, but Les Expos got a raw deal and their fans got worse. Don't you think in today's game the city would have paid for a new stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      2 factors: 1) They got shafted the year they were en route to victory; and 2) They had an owner who couldn't compete financially. I bet in today's media environment they would do just fine in Montreal. Having the team in DC is good, to be sure, but Les Expos got a raw deal and their fans got worse. Don't you think in today's game the city would have paid for a new stadium?
                      Wasn't that one of the reasons they moved, because Montreal refused to build a new stadium? If I'm remembering correctly, then Montreal has only itself to blame. If I'm remembering incorrectly, then poo on me, LOL.

Comment

No, what would have changed? Oakland still can't get a new stadium, so what would have changed in Montreal? It's only been 7 years since they left.

But in regards to John's comment, the birth of the Nats is a huge plus to Bud's legacy IMO.

Comment

No, what would have changed? Oakland still can't get a new stadium, so what would have changed in Montreal? It's only been 7 years since they left.

But in regards to John's comment, the birth of the Nats is a huge plus to Bud's legacy IMO.

Comment

Great game Saturday even though the Bucs lost. Total BS that the Pirates got warned (along with the Reds) by the umpire when they hadn't even hit anyone yet and the Reds had hit two of their guys (one each game). Can't blame Hurdle for being pissed and getting ejected.

It's going to be Burnett who drills someone Sunday. Along with McCutchen, the guy has become a leader of this team. Should be another good game.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X