Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians scalp older guys

From Rotoworld--

"Indians designated OF Johnny Damon for assignment.
    The Indians aren't fooling around, as they also designated fellow disappointing veteran Derek Lowe for assignment earlier this week. Damon batted just .222/.281/.329 with four homers and four steals over 64 games for the Tribe to earn his ticket out of town. It's no sure thing that he'll be picked up by anyone for the final two months of the season."

This doesn't save much if any money, but at least it's a step in the right direction. Play the younger guys and hope for the best.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    And the Cubs are looking into acquiring Derek Lowe.

My god, I'm glad I'm not a Cubs fan. What the hell is their plan? Why on earth would they want to acquire a guy like Lowe during their rebuilding process?
    Veteran presence and tutelage??

Couldn't even type that with a straight face, much less say it.

Comment

My god, I'm glad I'm not a Cubs fan. What the hell is their plan? Why on earth would they want to acquire a guy like Lowe during their rebuilding process?
      It isn't like they are going to pay anything for him. They just want someone to trot out there every fifth day and pitch for the rest of the season. They don't have any pitching prospects ready for a major league rotation and are running out guys like Volstad and Germano right now. Not really much to see here.

Comment

Batting Practice?
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

If a deal were made, I doubt it would be for anything more than a low-level non-prospect or cash.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            If a deal were made, I doubt it would be for anything more than a low-level non-prospect or cash.
            Exactly. The deal would be, here's minor league roster filler and you're (Cleveland) paying everying over the pro-rated major league minimum on Lowe's contract.

Comment

I'm surprised that they would cut Damon when he was giving this kind of effort:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2hUH62RExCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Lowe signs with Yankees, Braves reportedly interested in Damon. I don't understand either. Apparently, in baseball as in Hollywood, having a prominent name means more than performance.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                X