Aceves or Reed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceves or Reed?

Need to trade a closer for some batting help. I lead in saves by 1 and it is close all around. Which of these two is a better keep for the rest of the season, Aceves or Reed? Or, should I hold them both? Thanks in advance.

Reed, since Bailey is on a rehab assignment and Boston will probably look to get their bullpen set for 2013.

I'd hold both though, since neither is a slam dunk to hold your lead.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I think I agree with Virgo. The White Sox are contending and unless Reed implodes, they should keep him in the role. Boston could do anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by urch420 View Post
        Need to trade a closer for some batting help. I lead in saves by 1 and it is close all around. Which of these two is a better keep for the rest of the season, Aceves or Reed? Or, should I hold them both? Thanks in advance.
        If you can get a big enough bat that will help you make up some points in other areas, but both those guys are iffy the rest of the year. If Boston is out of it they may put Bailey right back in but if they think they have a shot, they may stick with Aceves. He's been pretty decent in 1 inning save opps. Reed is shakey and Myers was brought over as insurance. They are in the race and wont hesitate to go to Myers if Reed has a few bad games.

Again, you might be best off holding both unless you can get enough offense that will make a difference. you need to look at how much you could fall in saves vs how much you'll be able to pick up in offense.

Comment

Working...
        X