Starling Marte called up (7/26/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
    The leash will probably be shorter than it would have been in past years because they're in a pennant race. I'm surprised they made the call now and not a week ago if they were going to bring him up before the trade deadline. They aren't going to get much of a read in 4 days of work. But, yes, I expect him to be hitting 1st or 2nd as long as he's up. If he's scuffling I think he would be sent back down instead of just down in the order.
    I do believe that he'll have to scuffle pretty badly considering that he's basically replacing Presley, who's hardly been anything to write home about...his .269 OBP as a leadoff hitter isn't setting the bar high, lol.

Comment

A first at bat HR is a nice way to start off your career.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        A first at bat HR is a nice way to start off your career.
        It's all downhill from here.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Beltre has been en fuego. Trumbo pulled some 1B time til Goldschmidt heated up. I sat Willingham when Ellsbury came off the DL. My Util is now Rizzo. I was dying in April and May.

But its a keeper league, so Marte is potentially valuable down the road.

J
          Eh, flags fly forever.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Eh, flags fly forever.
            Its also H2H. I am 26 games out of 1st, but only 8 out of the playoffs. Divided priorities.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
            X