Hanley Ramirez to the Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanley Ramirez to the Dodgers

Source: Dodgers have acquired Hanley Ramirez and Choate from Marlins for Eovaldi and a minor leaguer. Game changes in LA. Marlins selling

Looks like the minor leaguer is 22 year old relief pitcher Scott McGough, a 5th Round pick in 2011. Fastball in the low to mid 90s and a decent slider. 47K and 24BB in 46.1 IP in the California League.

Comment

Hanley in the middle of the lineup around Kemp and Ethier...I like it. And he's not the top dog there, so maybe he can settle in and get back to hitting the way that he can. Will he play SS or 3B? Probably 3B long-term with Gordon there.

Comment

c'mon......we need crossover trades. I'm sitting on a lot of FAAB!

Comment

It seems likely he'll play SS until Gordon gets back, which could be nice for his eligibility in 2013 if you care about that sort of thing.

Is he going to turn it around with a change of scenery? Is he just not that good any more? He's had 2 shoulder surgeries and might just be done, as crazy as it is to think.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            It seems likely he'll play SS until Gordon gets back, which could be nice for his eligibility in 2013 if you care about that sort of thing.

Is he going to turn it around with a change of scenery? Is he just not that good any more? He's had 2 shoulder surgeries and might just be done, as crazy as it is to think.
            1) In a fantasy forum we all care about that sort of thing.
            2) He is not the elite guy he once was, that is obvious, but a MI who can go 20/20 is still very valuable on the field and for our fantasy rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              1) In a fantasy forum we all care about that sort of thing.
              2) He is not the elite guy he once was, that is obvious, but a MI who can go 20/20 is still very valuable on the field and for our fantasy rosters.
              Yes, but not at the $38 someone paid for him in our league.

Comment

Hanley is owed about $35m for the next two & a half seasons, but even with his lower production, this seems like a great deal for the Dodgers. was Hanley still disgruntled with having to play 3B?

Comment

As good as Eovaldi may or may not be, I gotta think the Marlins could have done better than one pitching prospect for Hanley Ramirez. Nothing against Eovaldi, I'm sure he's great, but you couldn't get them to toss in a Jerry Sands or something? Typical Marlins...take whatever you can get to dump the salary.

Edit to add: And better yet, instead of taking Sands, why not make them take crappy Heath Bell too? So much more the fish could have done. So frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Yes, but not at the $38 someone paid for him in our league.
                    Shouldn't have overpaid. His 2K11 production and injury risk was a big warning flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                      Shouldn't have overpaid. His 2K11 production and injury risk was a big warning flag.
                      Agreed. But I bet in most competitive leagues (esp. with inflation, keepers, etc.) someone rolled the dice at $30+ if not $35+.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        I love this deal for the Dodgers. The price wasn't all that high, although Eovaldi is a well-regarded prospect. Hanley will slot in as the full time shortstop until Gordon is back and then he could be moved to third (fingers crossed) if they kick Uribe to the curb. Perhaps more likely is that Gordon goes to the minors after he's recovered from injury.
                        I agree. If I am a Dodger fan I love this deal.

Now make nice to the Cubs and get your pitcher!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          As good as Eovaldi may or may not be, I gotta think the Marlins could have done better than one pitching prospect for Hanley Ramirez. Nothing against Eovaldi, I'm sure he's great, but you couldn't get them to toss in a Jerry Sands or something? Typical Marlins...take whatever you can get to dump the salary.

Edit to add: And better yet, instead of taking Sands, why not make them take crappy Heath Bell too? So much more the fish could have done. So frustrating.
                          The Marlins took less because the Dodgers are taking on all of Hanley's salary. Never underestimate the cheapness of Loria.

Comment

Cocksucker
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I am glad to have Hanley out of the NL East.

I am happy to still have Loria in the NL East.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X