I have to vent....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to vent....

Let me first say that I couldn't care less if one of my fellow leaguemates sees this thread. I'm just tired of such lopsided dump deals going down.

In my NL only 5x5 league, an owner just posted the following deal: He sends Infante (17 but in AL), ASanchez (12 but in AL), Putz (final), Pence (final) and Francisco-15 for RA Dickey-1. Our league allows players traded to the other league to count in the league traded from.

Meanwhile, I offered him Harper-18 (signed through 2014), Pacheco-3, Alonso-5 and JGarcia-9. Now, I'm not saying my offer is a no-brainer, but it is better than just getting a $1, 37 year old Dickey, right?? Regardless, he never even offered up a counter to my deal...just saying that Dickey was "the one he wanted".

I know I'm venting and I may sound like a bitter owner, but I'm not. I just get tired of these types of deals while I try to offer up something more legitimate in a dump deal.

<hops down from soapbox>

Pretty sure at least 9/10 Junkies would rather have Harper, but there are some dumb owners out there. Pawn Harper to someone else.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

You should be thankful he didn't take your offer

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
        Let me first say that I couldn't care less if one of my fellow leaguemates sees this thread. I'm just tired of such lopsided dump deals going down.

In my NL only 5x5 league, an owner just posted the following deal: He sends Infante (17 but in AL), ASanchez (12 but in AL), Putz (final), Pence (final) and Francisco-15 for RA Dickey-1. Our league allows players traded to the other league to count in the league traded from.

Meanwhile, I offered him Harper-18 (signed through 2014), Pacheco-3, Alonso-5 and JGarcia-9. Now, I'm not saying my offer is a no-brainer, but it is better than just getting a $1, 37 year old Dickey, right?? Regardless, he never even offered up a counter to my deal...just saying that Dickey was "the one he wanted".

I know I'm venting and I may sound like a bitter owner, but I'm not. I just get tired of these types of deals while I try to offer up something more legitimate in a dump deal.

<hops down from soapbox>
        I have seen worse. I liked Garcia before he got hurt, but he could easily end up with surgery that takes him out for next year. Alonso I liked before this year, but he hasn't done much to impress and I might not want to keep him at $5. Pacheco could be a bargain, but I'm not sold on him yet either.

Harper at $18 is great, but $18 doesn't have screaming bargain written on it -- OK bargain and perhaps $20 of upside next year. The players you are trading (including Harper) are putting up stats about equal to their salaries. Not exactly what I am looking for in a dump trade if I am trying to get a bargain next year.

I'm not a huge fan of Dickey at 37 years old, but at $1 he is EXACTLY the type of player that gets targeted in a dump trade. He is currently the best pitcher in the NL for stats and probably earning $30 of value.

If I was the other owner I probably would have made the same decision. Maybe not, and I would have definitely used the counter offer to raise the price of the my dumped players. If I were him I would have used the occasion to tell the Dickey owner of the other deal and get a sweetener or remove one of my players from the deal so that I could trade him to you.

It is a bummer that you didn't get some good players for a stretch run at the cost of Harper and some parts that aren't that useful this year.

Comment

Working...
        X