Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante to Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante to Tigers

Tigers have acquired right-hander Anibal Sanchez and second baseman Omar Infante from the Marlins.

this is a nice deal

Comment

CBS is reporting the Tigers give up Jacob Turner, Rob Brantley, Brian Flynn and their draft compensation pick. IF this is true this is a horrendous deal for the Tigers.
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
        CBS is reporting the Tigers give up Jacob Turner, Rob Brantley, Brian Flynn and their draft compensation pick. IF this is true this is a horrendous deal for the Tigers.
        I'm waiting for the Sporer rant to commence!
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Who are these guys coming to the Marlins? Any near-term impact for NL leagues?

And who plays 2B for the Marlins now? Bonifacio?

Comment

considering the marlins were going to lose sanchez anyway and that infante is best known for his glove, seems like a great deal.

I think bonifacio is the only decent option at second for the marlins, which will actually also open up playing time in CF for justin ruggiano- so he looks like a regular starter the rest of the way even with stanton's return.

Comment

Times 2 (if this is what the Tigers gave uo)

Comment

I'm fine selling low on Turner, but am very irked that Brantly is in this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  I think bonifacio is the only decent option at second for the marlins, which will actually also open up playing time in CF for justin ruggiano- so he looks like a regular starter the rest of the way even with stanton's return.
                  I was hoping Bonifacio would play enough middle infield to qualify there next season. Doesn't matter to me if it's 2B or SS, i'll take either one. He's much more attractive as a keeper at MI than OF.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

the tigers filled their two most glaring needs with one deal - they would not be legitimate title contenders w/o addressing the joke that was their '12 2B, and realistically the back end of their rotation was not championship caliber either. infante is quite reasonably priced through '13, as well. turner had a lot of hype, and may well turn out to be a quality pitcher, but this team needs to contend NOW. you cant get something for nothing. the last "untouchable" SP that dombrowski traded to the marlins turned out to be a washout (andrew miller). i think the tigers are quite comfortable moving forward with the young arms that they have in casey crosby & drew smyly, and possibly andy oliver - enough so that parting with turner was not the end of the world.

brantley is promising, but they also have a young '11 all-star C on the roster, and drafted a C in the 2nd round last year. i dont know much about flynn, other than he is BIG, and his numbers are not awe inspiring.

i'm fine with the deal. it legitimizes them as a contender not just for the central, but for a possible postseason run.

incidentally, the teams swapped competitive balance draft picks (MLB's first ever draft pick trade?), and the tigers actually improved their position. from the detroit news:

"...the Tigers, in effect, trading a selection between the second and third rounds for one between the first and second."

in the roto world, super hyped prospects like turner are gold. but in the real world, established MLB SPs come with hefty pricetags, but are a necessary evil when you're mandated to win NOW, and have an octogenarian team owner writing the checks...
                    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                      the tigers filled their two most glaring needs with one deal - they would not be legitimate title contenders w/o addressing the joke that was their '12 2B, and realistically the back end of their rotation was not championship caliber either. infante is quite reasonably priced through '13, as well. turner had a lot of hype, and may well turn out to be a quality pitcher, but this team needs to contend NOW. you cant get something for nothing. the last "untouchable" SP that dombrowski traded to the marlins turned out to be a washout (andrew miller). i think the tigers are quite comfortable moving forward with the young arms that they have in casey crosby & drew smyly, and possibly andy oliver - enough so that parting with turner was not the end of the world.

brantley is promising, but they also have a young '11 all-star C on the roster, and drafted a C in the 2nd round last year. i dont know much about flynn, other than he is BIG, and his numbers are not awe inspiring.

i'm fine with the deal. it legitimizes them as a contender not just for the central, but for a possible postseason run.

incidentally, the teams swapped competitive balance draft picks (MLB's first ever draft pick trade?), and the tigers actually improved their position. from the detroit news:

"...the Tigers, in effect, trading a selection between the second and third rounds for one between the first and second."

in the roto world, super hyped prospects like turner are gold. but in the real world, established MLB SPs come with hefty pricetags, but are a necessary evil when you're mandated to win NOW, and have an octogenarian team owner writing the checks...
                      Very nice post.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with cool hand. This deal helps the Tigers a lot. They defintely traded some nice propsects to get it done, but I don't think they gave anyone truly great.

Comment

Working...
                        X