A's sweep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A's sweep!

First time in history the A's have swept a 4-game series w/ the Yankees at home.

I was at the last 2 games and it was a lot of fun. Bought the tix back in Feb. and I never thought Oakland would still be in it at this point.

Good times.

Savor it. Football is coming.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

amazing

bastards stole my Jonny Gomes

Comment

it's conceivable that both wildcards could come from the AL west ... amazing.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

If only they can do this in the post-season....

Comment

This was the first time ever the Yankees have been swept in a four game series losing all games by one run.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

And it's not like they showed up in Oakland in the midst of a slump. The Yanks were hot. Impressive feat for Oakland.

Comment

Moneyball part II.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

What a great experience. Home now, after going to the Giants-Padres game on Monday night, too.

Such a contrast. Admittedly I see it through a filter of long-time A's fandom. But the A's games were so much more fun. Better games, for one thing. But great focus from the crowd, even with seemingly half of them being Yankees fans. (Who, btw, were obnoxious. At least the ones behind me.)

The Giants game was fun. Great park (though I was surprised at how tight the concourses were. Just as bad as Oakland's.) Lots of fan enthusiasm. Their love of Melky was contagious.

The thing that bummed me most about Oakland was the merch situation. The Giants just blow them away in that department, and I'm sorry, you can't blame the crappy park for that. In the entire stadium, there's not one single Josh Reddick jersey. Really? And not a single one for a starting pitcher, either. Not even McCarthy. You want a player-jersey-style shirt, you can have Suzuki or Inge or Weeks. That's it. Whoever is in charge of stocking those places should be fired.

The Oakland park itself isn't that bad. It adds nothing to the experience, certainly. I mean, they still have old jumbo TVs hanging over the seats instead of flat screens. And the location is horrible. A wasteland of shipping containers and chain link fences and graffiti and cranes and crap. Selig should be fired for not telling the Giants to buzz off about the whole San Jose rights thing.

There was also a marked difference b/w the quality of the jumbotron videos in San Fran -- it's just a whole other level of professionalism that Oakland again has no excuse for not matching.

But still. The games Sat and Sunday - Parker's 2-1 win over Hughes and the amazing comeback and extra-inning walkoff on Sunday for the sweep -- that's the most fun I've ever had at a ballpark.

Comment

Working...
                  X