Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good size AL trade / need opinions

12 team AL only 5x5 w/obp roto keeper

My Konerko $19 2014, Y.Escobar $11 2013, Holland $11 2013 and 1st rnd 2013 reserve pick
    for
    Cespedes $24 2014, Aybar $11 2013, Snider $5 non keeper), Liriano, $18 2013 (could be traded to NL), Colon $10 (same) and B.Chen $5 non keeper

I really like the younger Cespedes this year and going forward over Konerko

Need SB's, HR's, K's and wins

in second place

Thanks

I agree that now is the time to dump Konerko. Cespedes at $24 is over value for 2013 so don't fall in love with him yet.

Aybar gives you a few more SB than Escobar and hopefully you cobble some wins and Ks together from Liriano, Colon and Chen. All 3 have the ability to do serious damage, though, so make sure you have a ratio cushion, or are prepared to play matchups strongly.

I actually don't think I'd do this because I don't trust those pitchers. You are trading away the best pitcher and getting 3 ticking time bombs back. I'd try to get 2 decent pitchers back instead of 3 risky ones. Why is Holland in the deal?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      I agree that now is the time to dump Konerko. Cespedes at $24 is over value for 2013 so don't fall in love with him yet.

Aybar gives you a few more SB than Escobar and hopefully you cobble some wins and Ks together from Liriano, Colon and Chen. All 3 have the ability to do serious damage, though, so make sure you have a ratio cushion, or are prepared to play matchups strongly.

I actually don't think I'd do this because I don't trust those pitchers. You are trading away the best pitcher and getting 3 ticking time bombs back. I'd try to get 2 decent pitchers back instead of 3 risky ones. Why is Holland in the deal?
      I don't have to put Holland in the deal.

I could go probably just go Konerko and 1st pick for Cespedes, Liriano and Snider. I could add in Escobar for Aybar if I want to.

I could also probably go 1st pick for Liriano and Colon or Snider if I want, but I do like Cespedes a little more then Konerko

I'm trying to get Buchholz from another owner because is about the only decent pitcher left that could be good the rest of the year, but he doesn't care for Holland. Buchholz is only good this year.

there are no ace pitchers available right now as they are all on contenders

Also, what would you think about Konerko for a $18 Rios good for nest year?

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
        I don't have to put Holland in the deal.

I could go probably just go Konerko and 1st pick for Cespedes, Liriano and Snider. I could add in Escobar for Aybar if I want to.

Also, what would you think about Konerko for a $18 Rios good for nest year?
        I would do that Liriano deal, and I'dd add in Escobar since Aybar is apparently hurt.

I would rather have Cespedes than Rios, both this year and next.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I would do that Liriano deal, and I'dd add in Escobar since Aybar is apparently hurt.

I would rather have Cespedes than Rios, both this year and next.
          Would getting Masterson be better then Liriano ? both good for next year, but I'm more worried about this year and Liriano appears to be very hot and Masterson has been so so.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
            Would getting Masterson be better then Liriano ? both good for next year, but I'm more worried about this year and Liriano appears to be very hot and Masterson has been so so.
            I'd go with Masterson. They've had similar seasons and been pitching the same for the past 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              I'd go with Masterson. They've had similar seasons and been pitching the same for the past 6 weeks.
              Well, It appears that I'll have a shot at Hernandez as the owner is throwing the the towel and offering his high priced guys. He's $38 which is tough with the cap, but he will help get my ratios back in line. I'm going to offer him my $10 Hosmer for both Hernandez and $7 Bautista in his last year. I'm also going to try for Masterson and go with a rotation of Shields, CJ, Hernandez, Kuroda and Masterson the rest of the way

Comment

That would be a nice rotation. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X