NL only trade involving Craig and Stanton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only trade involving Craig and Stanton

11 team keeper 4x4 using HR,RBI,SB,AVG,W,S,ERA,K.

Currently rebuilding for next year because I was sitting in the middle of the pack knowing that my team was better than 4 others around me but unable to swing any type of deal to get me added muscle. So I traded for Matt Adams $2 and Rizzo $2 (first year contracts). (And I'm still sitting in 6th place - ahead of both guys I dumped to for Rizzo and Adams) Other first year players I own (among others) are Craig $9, Frazier $2, L Forsythe $2 along with Braun, Upton and Castro signed long term. My pitching now consists of basically Bumgarner $28 and Dempster $21 (both with 1 year left). The first place owner has suffered through some injuries to his roster but may be okay in hitting: Votto & Stanton leading that pack of injuries. He is in a dogfight in W,K,and ERA and has asked about both pitchers. Stanton is signed long term ($17) and has 3 more years after this year (as do my 3 above) and the owner might consider trading him for both pitchers, but he was asking to include Craig to maintain his hitting lead. I think with Rizzo and possibly Adams at 1B and a corner position next year, I'd have a pretty nice OF of Braun, Upton and Stanton to build around. I think he is also willing to throw in Ryan Wheeler who just came up with Arizona.

Is his request fair, is he asking too little, or wanting too much? Thanks for you help.

I think that's pretty fair. I like Stanton a lot and wouldn't cry over a $9 Craig. I wouldn't be dying to keep MadBum at $28, even though I'm a huge fan.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I think that's pretty fair. I like Stanton a lot and wouldn't cry over a $9 Craig. I wouldn't be dying to keep MadBum at $28, even though I'm a huge fan.
      No way would i include Craig. For $9 he could be a huge steal for next year.

Those two pitchers are worth Stanton alone.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
      X