Allen Craig ($1)
    Mi. Young ($22, a throw-in)

For :
    Beltre ($22)
    Kinsler ($36)
    Sabbathia ($30)

Not sure i am giving enough.

Thanks
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

If i'm the other guy and trading Sabathia, Kinsler, & Beltre, i would want 2 or 3 of those cheap keepers for one stud.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      If i'm the other guy and trading Sabathia, Kinsler, & Beltre, i would want 2 or 3 of those cheap keepers for one stud.
      You just traded ONE cheap keeper for a stud
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        You just traded ONE cheap keeper for a stud
        Maybe it's just me, but i think Goldschmidt is a lot more valuable than either of Gordon, Craig, or McDonald. I don't think any of those three are worthy of a 1 for 1 deal for an MVP caliber player. I would take one player for Sabbathia, Beltre, or Kinsler, just not one of the ones that you named.
        Last edited by madducks; 07-22-2012, 10:04 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but i think Goldschmidt is a lot more valuable than either of Gordon, Craig, or McDonald. I don't think any of those three are worthy of a 1 for 1 deal for an MVP caliber player. I would take one player for Sabbathia, Beltre, or Kinsler, just not one of the ones that you named.
          I don't know about that. Craig is a hitter.plain and simple. He has similar stats as goldschmidt in 80 less ab's. And Gordon can lead the league in steals, in fact he was when he got hurt, that's pretty valuable.

I think Goldschmidt is a great keeper, but so are Gordon and Craig.
          Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-22-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah Craig does have some decent stats. But, the fact that he is playing the same positions as Holliday(LF), Beltran(RF), and Berkman(1B) doesn't bode well for his playing time unless one of them gets traded. Berkman being on the DL for 2 months allowed Craig to play everyday. But now that Berkman is back who knows how much playing time Craig will get.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah Craig does have some decent stats. But, the fact that he is playing the same positions as Holliday(LF), Beltran(RF), and Berkman(1B) doesn't bode well for his playing time unless one of them gets traded. Berkman being on the DL for 2 months allowed Craig to play everyday. But now that Berkman is back who knows how much playing time Craig will get.
              We are talking about next year and I would think the Cards would have a full time position for Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                We are talking about next year and I would think the Cards would have a full time position for Craig.
                Berkman will be gone, but don't forget about Matt Adams.

Comment

Working...
                X