• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    no money, but daily transactions?
    interesting.
    is that unusual?
    We've only used dailies for a few years now. Some other owner proposed them, I actually spoke out against for the reason that in a league like ours, it really advantages the guys with the experience and fortitude to stick with the daily thing. So, since we made the change, I get one ace in the $30 range and go cheap after that and stream in good middle relievers and I always have the best pitching, and late season, I can always flip $1 James McDonald/Wade Miley types for some Kershaw/Halladay types and so it just STAYS good all season. We have a 25-man active roster, 10-man bench, 5-man minors and an unlimited DL, so knowing the bottom end of the player pool matters a lot and that's just a huge advantage for me and the other experienced guys.

So, me and the other guys are always leading the pack, and I've just been a little better than them most years. Last year, I actually won a tie-breaker to win, and third was only 2 points behind. I have titles, but only in a couple of those years did I have substantial leads.

So, I just thought that I should spend a year not selling off my future (my MLers are Arenado/Rendon/Wong/Roache, my cheap players are Valdespin/Castro/Rutledge/Goldschmidt/Miley/Dempster/Howard as well as wonderful prices for Braun/Stanton/Bourn). It's a great team that is only about $200 active on any given day, so I can be in real enviable position in coming years. And someone else can get a title for a change.

But my stupid team just keeps churning it out.

Comment

had to make a deal-- fell out of first and Morrison went down for the year.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
      X