Need help improving my team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help improving my team

NL only 4x4. Middle of the pack in all offensive categories. Have 33 of a possible 40 pitching points.

Honestly, I don't think my pitching is that great and wonder if it will hold up. I think one or two guys could get better, but ...

Offensively, I have a couple of players who are underachieving and I don't expect it to change significantly. I'm adding Stephen Drew this week to my active roster now that he's off the DL, but it's not like adding Tulowitzki. (Who will be a boost when he comes back).

Roster
    C-Ryan Hanigan
    C-Devin Mesoraco
    1B-Garrett Jones
    2B-Brandon Phillips
    SS-Stephen Drew
    3B-Pedro Alvarez
    CI-Chipper Jones
    MI-Everth Cabrera
    OF-Drew Stubbs
    OF-Carlos Lee
    OF-Brandon Belt
    OF-Michael Cuddyer
    OF-Carlos Quention
    UT-Juan Pierre

On the DL I have Jon Jay. I don't see the point of activating him, but I have to decide by tomorrow. He's tied to Juan Pierre, who I really can't see cutting. He had 13 or 14 SBs in June ... Don't expect to keep that up, but another 8-10 each month is unheard of.
    I also will be getting Lance Berkman back, but, again, how much of a lift is that going to be?
    I don't anticipate having Tulowitzki back before Sept. 1.
    I could get a boost if Starling Marte gets called up. But he could struggle as well.

P-Ian Kennedy
    P-Kyle Lohse
    P-Matt Cain
    P-Bud Norris
    P-Wandy Rodriguez
    P-Clayton Richard
    P-JJ Putz
    P-Jason Motte
    P-David Hernandez

I don't expect Lohse to keep up his pace. I'd like to think Kennedy will come closer to his 2011 numbers than his 2012 first-half numbers. At least some improvement would help.

What can I do to help this team out?

How many teams. Salaries? Budget? Keeper?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      How many teams. Salaries? Budget? Keeper?
      10 teams. Yes, with salaries. Yes, keepers

Comment

Got an offer of Lance Berkman and Jason Motte for Aramis Ramirez and Matt Garza

Comment

I hate that offer.

In a 4x4 saves are more valuable than in a 5x5. I would guess Motte is pretty cheap. Even if his contract is done after this year you should do better than this. Garza might get traded out of the league. Even if he stays with the Cubs, you won't get wins.

While Ramirez has been hot lately and is a slow starter, is he better than Berkman (who will be back July 16th)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I hate that offer.

In a 4x4 saves are more valuable than in a 5x5. I would guess Motte is pretty cheap. Even if his contract is done after this year you should do better than this. Garza might get traded out of the league. Even if he stays with the Cubs, you won't get wins.

While Ramirez has been hot lately and is a slow starter, is he better than Berkman (who will be back July 16th)?
            Yeah, I was probably going to turn it down. Motte is $6, $10 next year. $260 cap. Goes up $4 every year and I can keep him for as long as I want.

I think Ramirez is better than Berkman, but I think dealing Motte would cost me 3-6 points in saves.

Comment

Can you trade away Berkman or Tulo? I bet their perceived value is still way above reality. Berkman was healthy all year last year. Tulo is perennially injured. I would consider dealing one or both for a bat (maybe both he's you a jay Bruce type?).
              No way do I do that deal you mentioned.

Any thoughts on my 5x5 post?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Can you trade away Berkman or Tulo? I bet their perceived value is still way above reality. Berkman was healthy all year last year. Tulo is perennially injured. I would consider dealing one or both for a bat (maybe both he's you a jay Bruce type?).
                No way do I do that deal you mentioned.

Any thoughts on my 5x5 post?
                i couldn't get jay bruce from his owner if i offered half my team.

tulo is still cheap ... i have a very hard time dealing him. he will be $26 next year. i'd love to trade berkman. if he gets hot, he will be someone i will look to move.

Comment

Working...
                X