Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just complete A-Rod deal, hows my team look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just complete A-Rod deal, hows my team look?

12 team AL only 5x5 w/obp roto

C Wieters
    C Jaso
    1B Hosmer
    2B Cano
    SS Y.Escobar
    3B A-Rod
    CI Konerko
    MI Zobrist
    Of Granderson
    Of Choo
    Of Berry
    Of B.Moss
    Of Masterianni/Gentry
    DH Lind
    Bench: Chavez, Dirks, Longoria
    SP Kuroda
    SP Shields
    SP Holland
    SP CJ
    SP Garcia
    SP Griffin
    RP Furbush
    RP Downs
    CL Aceves
    CL Frieri
    Bench: Strop, R.Ross, Pettitte, J.Williams, Doolittle

What do you see as my number one need to help hold on and win the league? I've sent an offer to the Buchholz owner.
    Thanks

I'd be worried about saves if I were you, and while your top 4 SPs are very good, I don't trust the bottom 2 as anything more than matchup plays. So I think you need another SP you can trust, or maybe a closer-in-waiting who can give you good ratios when you don't want to start Garcia or Griffin.

Other than that you are very light on speed. Unfortunately I have no hope that Longoria will be a contributor, so your best option might be to find a believer and trade him for some speed now before the news gets worse.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I'd be worried about saves if I were you, and while your top 4 SPs are very good, I don't trust the bottom 2 as anything more than matchup plays. So I think you need another SP you can trust, or maybe a closer-in-waiting who can give you good ratios when you don't want to start Garcia or Griffin.

Other than that you are very light on speed. Unfortunately I have no hope that Longoria will be a contributor, so your best option might be to find a believer and trade him for some speed now before the news gets worse.
      Thanks for the response.

I'm with you on starting pitching which is why i'm trying to get Buccholz. He is about the only available pitcher out there next to Santana, Liriano, Colon and Masterson. I picked up Furbush and R.Ross and also have Downs, Strop and Doolittle that I can plug in to get some good ratios.

B.J. Upton may be available so I may try for him, otherwise there are no speed guys like a Raja Davis on non-contending teams. I think I have a balanced offense as A-Rod, Hosmer, Zobrist, Choo, Granderson, Gentry, Berry and Masterianni can all get me steals. I'm currently 3rd in that cat.

Comment

Working...
      X