Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout trade.

12 team mixed 5x5 keeper league

I was offered Cano ($28 in 2013) and Choo ($26 in 2013) for Trout who is $6 in 2013 and $11 in 2014.

After i alter my lineup, the trade would effectively come down to:

Trout/Crisp for Cano/Choo. Who would you prefer rest of year?

And would it be enough of a difference to trade the awesome keeper that is Trout?

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Put your hands down and step away from the computer.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I really like Cano and there's no way I'd do that deal.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd want a lot more for trout

Comment

Crisp has been red hot too. Why bother?

Comment

I'd want two Canos, maybe 3, to give up Trout's production this year and keeper value.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Don't make a deal just because you like to make deals. Remember when you traded a cheap rookie Pujols?

For a player of Trout's caliber at that cheap of a price for 3 years, i would be looking for a trade that upgraded my team at 3 or 4 positions.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If Trout and Cano were the same price with the same contract years I would not trade Trout for Cano straight up. You have Trout plus $22 for 2013 and plus $17 for 2014. The difference between Choo and Crisp is no where near enough to swing this deal.

The only time you trade a $6/$11 Trout is when you get enough to insure a first place finish.

By the way how much is Crisp?

Comment

Yeah, I would want 3 studs at minimum. Cano is a good start. Choo isn't bad, if the 3rd player you were getting back was a top-15 kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Yeah, I would want 3 studs at minimum. Cano is a good start. Choo isn't bad, if the 3rd player you were getting back was a top-15 kind of guy.
                    Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't thinking too big for what i should get for Trout.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

What if i got Kershaw Choo and Cano for Trout?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        What if i got Kershaw Choo and Cano for Trout?
                        That's a lot better. Is Cano a decent keeper at 26? I'd be awfully tempted to do that if it means you should win.

Comment

That's a lot better. Is Cano a decent keeper at 26? I'd be awfully tempted to do that if it means you should win.
                          If it means you should win.

How much is Kershaw?

How much is Crisp?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            If it means you should win.

How much is Kershaw?

How much is Crisp?
                            Kershaw is $50

Crisp is $11

Comment

Cano would be $31 if kept next year. Keepable in my league.

Comment

Working...
                              X