Please Rank for 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Rank for 2013

Please rank for 2013/beyond. All players currently year 1 except as noted (year 3 = option year):

Matt Adams $8
    Anthony Bass $4
    Zack Cozart $8 (year 2)
    Cory Luebke $1 (year 2)
    Todd Frazier $8
    Last edited by Sharky; 07-10-2012, 10:38 AM.

Put 'em in a hat and pick one at random. Bass could be the best or the worst, I have no idea what to expect. How deep is this league? 12 or 13 team NL only, I like Frazier and Cozart more because of position scarcity. 10 team, maybe not so much. Luebke will be readjusting to his new arm next year, I'd like him a lot more with 2 years to go. I'll go:

Bass
    Adams
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Luebke

Comment

I would put Adams above Bass (barely) but otherwise agree with JC.

Comment

Thanks! 12 team deep NL (no bench, but unlimited injured spots and minors).

Where would you slot in these guys for 2013 and beyond?

Omar Infante $15
        Chase Headley $16
        Miguel Montero $19

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Thanks! 12 team deep NL (no bench, but unlimited injured spots and minors).

Where would you slot in these guys for 2013 and beyond?

Omar Infante $15
          Chase Headley $16
          Miguel Montero $19
          Blah. Headley is a trade candidate. If he went to an NL team in a less crappy park, he could be a nice value. I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening but it has some value. I don't believe in Infante being anything special but a 15/15 2B is not bad. If you're starting 2 catchers maybe Montero is a little bit profitable.

Bass
          Adams
          Frazier
          Cozart
          >>Infante
          >>Headley
          >>Montero
          Luebke

Comment

I like Adams a lot in that lineup, and think he'll win out at 1B next year when Berkman's gone.

Adams
            Bass
            ~
            Infante
            Frazier
            Headley
            Montero
            Cozart
            ~
            Luebke
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I like Adams a lot in that lineup, and think he'll win out at 1B next year when Berkman's gone.
              I've heard that a couple of places, but it doesn't make sense to me. Beltran and Holliday are still under contract for next year. I'd be pretty surprised if they made room for Adams by putting Holliday, Beltran, and Craig in an outfield corner rotation.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
              X