R Soriano?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R Soriano?

Ok, this is a tough one for me. I am rebuilding in a 15 team league and I have Soriano for $5 in year 1. My question is do you expect him to have a job closing somewhere next year? He isn't worth $5 as a setup guy, but as a closer he is gold. If I don't trade him now and hold onto him and he winds up as a setup guy I feel like I really screwed it up. Though obviously if I trade him for a good keeper or top prospect I doubt whatever I get will be as good in 2013 as Soriano will be closing. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

I think if you can get a good prospect or keeper, I'd make a trade. I think either Rivera or Robertson close for the yanks next year so it's a matter of if the Yanks trade him or not. I'd take your chances and even if he does close somewhere next year, there is always plenty of cheap saves and closers to go around.

Comment

I would think a contender might give up a couple of players to help ease the pain of trading him.

Comment

Right now I'd say the odds are 50% Soriano, 40% Mo and 10% D-Rob as the Yankees closer for next year. Soriano has another year on his contract but he has the right to opt out, and if he has a strong second half, he just might do that. So his odds of closing are probably >50% since he'd be closing anywhere else he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Right now I'd say the odds are 50% Soriano, 40% Mo and 10% D-Rob as the Yankees closer for next year. Soriano has another year on his contract but he has the right to opt out, and if he has a strong second half, he just might do that. So his odds of closing are probably >50% since he'd be closing anywhere else he signed.
          Yeah this is where I am at with it. I think I will trade him if I get a guy I know I would keep, but I don't think I want to do it for a prospect. Also I already have 7 farm guys so I am at the max so to take on a prospect I would probably have to drop Jean Segura. If no one wants to deal I will probably roll the dice as I have enough keepers to fill in if Soriano doesn't have a job.

Comment

OK, well it sounds like Mo's knee was not as bad and that he will be back next year. That really makes the question does Soriano opt out and chase a multi year deal or collect another 1 year big pay check in NY. The best offer I have so far is getting Miguel Sano, a 1st rd rsv and a 1st rd farm. Obviously Sano doesn't help me in 2013 either, but if Soriano stays in NY he isn't a $5 keeper in a 15 team league. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X