Trade Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Ideas

Each year we have a thread where everyone throws out trades they think make sense. After seeing an article about the Pirates trying to deal for Justin Upton...thought is was time to start one up. Upton to the Pirates for Taillon, Marte, Tabata and Even Meek. Is it enough?

Upton has 3 years and 38.5M left on his contract. Tabata has 4 years and 12.5M.

I wonder if Travis D'Arnaud + an A level pitcher would be enough for Francisco Liriano.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I wonder if Travis D'Arnaud + an A level pitcher would be enough for Francisco Liriano.
      I would think easily regardless of need or if a 2nd part was added. I highly doubt AA would do this.

Comment

I think the Twins would kill themselves to get that deal.

I think if the Pirates can get Upton they have to give it a shot. Even if it means giving up one of their A+ arms. I still think he's a legitimately great player and maybe just needs a change of scenery. The Bucs would never have a chance to add a player like that through free agency. If they do trade one of Taillon/Cole, they damn well better get Appel signed. But I'm not convinced the D-Backs would really unload J-Up, and they don't exactly need pitching with IPK, a rehabbing Hudson, Cahill, a seemingly for real Miley, Skaggs, Bauer and Corbin.

Comment

Heck, if the Jays were willing to do that, I'm pretty sure they could get Greinke right now.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Heck, if the Jays were willing to do that, I'm pretty sure they could get Greinke right now.
            Without the massive injuries to the starting pitchers, I would want the jays to pay that price for greinke.

Comment

Mets acquire Huston Street for a lesser prospect. Wilmer Flores perhaps, maybe with something coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I think the Twins would kill themselves to get that deal.

I think if the Pirates can get Upton they have to give it a shot. Even if it means giving up one of their A+ arms. I still think he's a legitimately great player and maybe just needs a change of scenery. The Bucs would never have a chance to add a player like that through free agency. If they do trade one of Taillon/Cole, they damn well better get Appel signed. But I'm not convinced the D-Backs would really unload J-Up, and they don't exactly need pitching with IPK, a rehabbing Hudson, Cahill, a seemingly for real Miley, Skaggs, Bauer and Corbin.
                Don't forget about Archie Bradley that some think will end up being better than Bauer and Skaggs.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

What are the Phils going to do with Hamels? They'll get nothing if they keep him. The only team that has any hope of extending him before free agency is the Dodgers, and they don't have any A-level prospects to deal. I don't know if I see Texas parting with a package like Olt/Perez for a rental, but if any team would overpay it's probably them.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Of course, for this year it would just mean that Hamels will lose a boatload of 1-0 games.
                    Hamels is hitting .278 this year...do the Dodgers hit him cleanup or in the 3-hole.

Comment

Hamels is talking openly about joining the Dodgers. Man, that would be sweet. Of course, for this year it would just mean that Hamels will lose a boatload of 1-0 games.
                      He also discussed the possibility of going back to PHI calling it a great organization.

Comment

The other day when the Dodgers were playing the Mets, I looked at the respective lineups and Scott Hairston had more HRs on the season than the entire Dodger lineup. LOL, ouch.
                        And Hairston plays part time..lol

Comment

Starlin Castro to the Braves for Andrelton Simmons & Julio Teheran

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Starlin Castro to the Braves for Andrelton Simmons & Julio Teheran
                            Simmons and Castro are the same age. I know Teheran still has #2 upside, but I think it would take a lot more than that. I think Theo only floated Castro's name to see what kind of crazy offers he could get. An ATL package centered around Heyward instead of Teheran might be interesting, if the Braves would do that. Heyward/Simmons for Castro/Soriano/Garza and a boatload of cash? Who says no to that?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              What are the Phils going to do with Hamels? They'll get nothing if they keep him. The only team that has any hope of extending him before free agency is the Dodgers, and they don't have any A-level prospects to deal. I don't know if I see Texas parting with a package like Olt/Perez for a rental, but if any team would overpay it's probably them.
                              I don't think they'll deal him unless they get a big haul. I would hope they insist on Olt from TEX -- they need a 3B badly.

Victorino is as good as gone, though.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X