Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects (Mid-Season Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on Cody Asche for the Phillies? disappointing first season, but this year has been crazy. Granted, it's only one season, but since he sort of failed ss-williamsport last year and is killing AA ball this (after a double jump and promotion) I'm curious where he stands on a national front? Phillie's prospect fans are very intrigued. I don't think anyone is thinking superstar or anything, but serviceable to above average very soon is the thought.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Any thoughts on Cody Asche for the Phillies? disappointing first season, but this year has been crazy. Granted, it's only one season, but since he sort of failed ss-williamsport last year and is killing AA ball this (after a double jump and promotion) I'm curious where he stands on a national front? Phillie's prospect fans are very intrigued. I don't think anyone is thinking superstar or anything, but serviceable to above average very soon is the thought.
      Thanx for the response, heyelander.

Dont know much about Asche other than the stats. Having a nice year but I havent heard anyone touting him as a top prospect. He's pretty far down the list rt now.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Thanx again for the props, onejayhawk.

There could possibly be lots of call-ups from the upper end of my Top 150. How much playing time they'll get is another question. First, Hamilton and Bundy might be called up to help out w the playoff drive. Myers most likely will be a Sept callup. I would have expected Hultzen to be up by now, but he'll be up next month I'm sure. Bauer will be back up, and Skaggs probably will be, too. Jacob Turner may get recalled this week. Other likely Sept callups are Paxton, Hak Ju Lee, Odorizzi, Archer, W Peralta and Thornburg. As you can see, mostly pitchers. I would say Turner is the best bet for a regular spot, but the Brewers may try Peralta and/or Thornburg in the rotation, and KC may try Odorizzi also.
        Thanks.

I am more interested in who I can pull out of the draft pool than how much time they get in 2012. How much time they get in 2013 is another matter.

Long term, who will produce more for fantasy: Hak Ju Lee or Andrelton Simmons?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Thanks.

I am more interested in who I can pull out of the draft pool than how much time they get in 2012. How much time they get in 2013 is another matter.

Long term, who will produce more for fantasy: Hak Ju Lee or Andrelton Simmons?

J
          That's a good question. Lee likely will get more SBs, so maybe him. But there are questions about his bat and Simmons has already shown he can hit MLB pitching, albeit in a small sample size. Simmons will get some SBs too, and he looks like the better bet to be in the lineup every day. I have Simmons higher on my list and that's who I'd give the edge to.

Comment

what the heck happened to Joe Benson this season?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              what the heck happened to Joe Benson this season?
              Thanx for the response, revo.

Wow, I dont know. As miserable as Minny's lineup looked before the season, I thought sure he'd get a shot at a starting gig. But he's been absolutely terrible and now apparently he's hurt. He disappointed other prospect mavens besides me, as BA had him at #99 on their list this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                31 Jorge Soler OF CHC 2 33
                36 Javier Baez SS CHC 39 75
                78 Kaleb Cowart 3B LAA NA NA
                Any updated thoughts on these guys? Would you drop guys like jean segura and brett jackson for any of them if you were looking for upside and position scarcity?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z Glider View Post
                  Any updated thoughts on these guys? Would you drop guys like jean segura and brett jackson for any of them if you were looking for upside and position scarcity?
                  I'm not our resident expert, but I would absolutely drop Jackson for Soler or Baez. I don't like Jackson much.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z Glider View Post
                    Thanx for the response, E-Z Glider.

All 3 of the guys you mentioned are doing well. Cowart and Baez have moved up my list and Soler is about the same. However, depending on your league, I would not drop Segura or Jackson for them because those guys are already in MLB and starting most of the time. True, they're not doing an impression of Mike Trout, but they are good prospects and could be useful roto-wise in time. Their respective clubs arent going anywhere this year, so they're likely to stay in the lineup. Jackson is maligned for his strikeouts, but he's already hit 4 HRs and hasnt started to run yet. Now I do have Jackson below both Soler and Baez on my list, but there's not enough difference in their rankings to indicate a clear difference between the 3. Jackson is a 'bird in hand' while Soler and Baez are still in the bush, so I would give Jackson (and Segura) more of a chance before dropping him.

Comment

I see Gyorko is available, even though he has not been called up. What are his 2013 prospects?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I see Gyorko is available, even though he has not been called up. What are his 2013 prospects?

J
                        Thanx for the response, onejayhawk.

Gyorko might not be called up this year. But his prospects for being a regular for Padres look good. He's a 3Bman and SD has Headley there who's had somewhat of a breakout year and they're evidently trying to resign him long-term. But Gyorko is getting some time at 2B now and guys like Amarista and L Forsythe are not going to blick him. He's about ready for MLB and SD is rebuilding so I would expect to see him get a long look in SD next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X