are any of these actually upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are any of these actually upgrades?

12-team mixed 5x5 using AVG. A guy is trying to dump and give me what he has left after making one big trade already, but I don't know how excited I should be by what he has.

He's trying to get some subset of Craig $3, Cespedes $2, SCastro $9, and BHamilton $2. Hamilton stays at $2 until the season after he starts the season in the majors, which could be a while; the others go up $5/yr.

my roster:
    Pierzynski
    Montero
    Craig
    Kinsler
    Castro
    Beltre
    Wright
    Reyes
    Stanton
    Gordon
    De Aza
    Kubel
    Cespedes
    Berry
    (Howard on bench)

Haren
    Price
    Hammel
    McDonald
    EJackson
    Fiers
    Diamond/streaming 2-start pitcher
    Jim Johnson
    Frieri
    (McCarthy, Myers, Janssen on bench)

I'm in first, not weak in any particular category.

Here's who he's offering. I don't have any salary cap issues for the moment although if I got a lot of his expensive guys it might matter eventually.

AGonzalez $35
    Ellsbury $31
    Gardner $13
    Peralta $7
    Furcal $2
    Josh Johnson $17
    Harang $5
    ESantana $8

Obviously one hitter to replace Berry might be useful, and Josh Johnson would be nice. But if I have to replace my guys also, I'm not sure this actually does much for me. I can wait until Ellsbury/Gardner come back to see if I want them, but I wouldn't mind having Johnson right now...

He's offered that whole list, or as much of it as I want, for two of Craig/Cespedes/Castro and Hamilton. I don't see that being good for me unless Ellsbury comes back to his 30/40 pace. AGon is a downgrade from Craig at this point, Cespedes is probably more valuable than Gardner... is it even worth coming back to him with a counteroffer? What would I want to do?

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I would pass.

You are in first place now. The logical piece to give up is Hamilton, but do you really need to? He is going to be a special player for $2 in a year or two. I would stay the course and trade later if needed. And probably not with this guy.

You also have Howard coming back soon.

Comment

Not enough there. I agree with Gregg.

Comment

Working...
      X