Singing Vogelsong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singing Vogelsong?

Anyone following Vogelsong? Is he now "for real"? Not a high K rate, but he continues to deliver. Can you bank on him now?

Also, if you're following / a Giants fan... What does Blanco look like now? Is he a regular for 2013 now (especially with Gary Brown backsliding)?
    Last edited by Sharky; 06-30-2012, 04:56 PM.

Vogelsong is certainly for real, that's for sure. His BABIP may rise, so his WHIP may rise to the 1.20 mark, but he's putting together a similar year to last season.

Comment

Gary Brown is hitting .405 over his last 10 games with 1 k and 4 bb. He's got a ways to go to improve his ytd stats but I wouldnt give up just yet.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Vogelsong has a 4.15 xERA this year. silly hit pct, silly strand rate. He's not terrible, but his market value may be well beyond his talents.
        #smokeandmirrors

Warning: I tried to talk people off this same guy last year, and he kept on chugging.
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-30-2012, 08:22 PM.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          Gary Brown is hitting .405 over his last 10 games with 1 k and 4 bb. He's got a ways to go to improve his ytd stats but I wouldnt give up just yet.
          But he's in A ball right? So is Blanco the guy for 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            But he's in A ball right? So is Blanco the guy for 2013?
            Nope, AA ball, but yes, he is struggling a bit. And getting caught stealing a lot.

Comment

Singing Vogelsong? Ask and you shall receive.

Comment

Blanco is for real, Giants like his OBP in the leadoff spot, and his defense
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                X