Starling Marte?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starling Marte?

Hurdle has spoken about Tabata not getting it. Presley looks like either a weak OF3 or strong OF4. I cant decide which. When do we see Starling Marte?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review was told a Pirates' official that it won't be long before prospect outfielder Starling Marte is called up to the big leagues.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review was told a Pirates' official that it won't be long before prospect outfielder Starling Marte is called up to the big leagues.
      Me likey. He's been en fuego in AAA.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The Pirates are trying not to push it. But...

1. Hurdle has made comments about how "Tabata doesn't get it" and they are getting really annoyed with Jose
        2. They are actually still contending
        3. Marte has reportedly been playing RF in the minors recently

Comment

I'd sell him if he gets the call, I don't think he's ready and I'll bet you'll find someone that thinks they're buying a 20/20 guyright now. Given how raw he was he really needs more minor league AB's. The improvements in walk rate are encouraging, but the K rate is still high, he still has some holes in his swing and approach, and for as fast he is he gets caught stealing way too much.

Comment

Jose Tabata was demoted to Triple-A......is Marte on the way?

Comment

Who would you drop in a NL-only league, if any, in order to pick up Marte (yes - he's available): Anthony Rendon, Oscar Taveras, Shelby Miller. Nate Schierholtz is just wasting a spot on my active roster - I'd like to think Marte would be an upgrade over Schierholtz.
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                Who would you drop in a NL-only league, if any, in order to pick up Marte (yes - he's available): Anthony Rendon, Oscar Taveras, Shelby Miller. Nate Schierholtz is just wasting a spot on my active roster - I'd like to think Marte would be an upgrade over Schierholtz.
                Schierholtz, definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                  Schierholtz, definitely.
                  I can't cut Schierholtz for Marte - I'd have to cut a minor league player. BTW - I play in a keeper league. If what we're hearing comes to fruition, I'd like to think that Marte would be more valuable than Schierholtz - I don't think Taveras would get called up this year. I'm toying with the idea of cutting Rendon.
                  "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                  "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                  WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                  PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                    I can't cut Schierholtz for Marte - I'd have to cut a minor league player. BTW - I play in a keeper league. If what we're hearing comes to fruition, I'd like to think that Marte would be more valuable than Schierholtz - I don't think Taveras would get called up this year. I'm toying with the idea of cutting Rendon.
                    I would not consider cutting any of them for Marte

Comment

Starling Marte is getting called up and is expected to bat leadoff for the Pirates on Thursday against Houston.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ne...s_pit&c_id=pit
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X