2012 regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 regrets

We all look back at moves we made (or didn't make) and lament. For example coming into this year in my local AL-only keeper league I didn't freeze Adam Dunn at $10 - I thought we had seen the beginning of the end for him. In the same league I was in position to pick up Fernando Rodney in the beginning of the year, but passed over him because he was .... well, Fernando Rodney. It's fair to say that those two moves have cost me about eight points in the standings, and I'd be right in the thick of the chase.

What regrets do you have thus far this season?
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

In my NL only league, regret one was trusting that Mike Morse would only miss the first week of the season and thus paying close to full value at $22. I then compounded that mistake by jumping in with a $24 FAAB bid on Matt Adams after the Berkman injury.

Comment

In RJEL, because I feared his low OBP, I traded a $1 Mark Trumbo for a $6 Lorenzo Cain and a $5 Clay Buchholz (at least I got back at Sean by swiping a $1 Chris Sale for a $2 Mike Carp).

Sale was a player I targeted and while I landed him in 2 leagues, I failed to get him in my main league. Another player who I loved was Jason Kipnis, yet didn't get him in any league.

I was also a Melky Cabrera believer, yet failed to draft him in any of my leagues.

Comment

I had Madson as a keeper. When he got injured i got to pick another keeper and it was between Luebke and Chris Perez. I chose Luebke.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In my 17 team mixed league, not going $5 late on Mike Trout.
          "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by TyWebb004 View Post
            In my 17 team mixed league, not going $5 late on Mike Trout.
            ^ Ouch! Keeper league?
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

1. Deciding not to keep a $8 Jim Johnson in RJEL and instead pay $21 for Heath Bell
              2. Deciding that Jon Lester was a good investment for my staff ace
              2. Decide to keep rolling Bell out there every week through May because he "can't stay this bad"
              3. Decide to chase saves because Heath sucks with Francisco Cordero when he had the role

I hate pitchers (yet somehow still have a 1.25 WHIP in RJEL)

Comment

NL-only: deciding to go to $40 for Cliff Lee :mad:, paying $17 late in the draft for Loney instead of paying less than that for LaHair (or keeping LaHair at $10 instead of Helton), not keeping Beltran at $20

AL-only: not jumping on Rodney early, starting Justin Grimm against Detroit last week, that's about it - I've had a horseshoe up my butt in that league (Dunn, Plouffe, Frieri, etc.)

Comment

Not dealing Dustin Ackley to Hammer for Aaron Hill...and for extending Man of Glass Troy Tulowitzski.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

drafting Justin Upton instead of CarGo. Not picking up R.A Dickey or James McDonald in an NL only league

Comment

Keeping Peter Bourjos in a H2H league without deep benches and going into this season with Cliff Pennington as my starting SS because I took John Mayberry instead of a SS (I think Desmond and Escobar were on the board at the time).

Comment

Leaving $33 on the table at my draft.
                        Not picking up Mike Trout, James McDonald, or AJ Burnett from the free agent pool in April.
                        Not keeping a $6 Joe Nathan.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                          ^ Ouch! Keeper league?

Yes.
                          "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Brian Wilson for sure. I even bought Sergio Romo as a handcuff. Nice to see how it all worked out. I knew there was a huge chance he'd get hurt, but I'm bought him anyways.

Comment

Working...
                            X