Bauer call up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer call up?

Saw Trevor Bauer go for Reno yesterday. 2 2/3 IP with 5Ks, 2 hits, 1 run and then pulled. Probably not available in any leagues except no minor leagues, small bench leagues but he looked VERY impressive. Yahoo has a story http://sports.yahoo.com/news/last-ca...0167--mlb.html saying Saunders spot in the AZ rotation is due Thursday and the team will need a starter then so that may be why Bauer was pulled so early.

He hit low 90s consistently, touching 95-96 a couple of time. Off speed stuff was all low in the strike zone, or low out of the zone, and was in the high 70s-low 80s. It was 100 degrees and in the 3rd inning Bauer had 2 outs with a guy on first. Then it went steal, broken bat RBI, walk, walk and then Bauer gone. Maybe just running out steam on a hot day, maybe Reno keeps him on a low pitch count.

He was probably on a pitch count of 50 pitches so he will be ready to start on Thursday (3 days rest). All signs are that he will be called up to start against the Braves.

Comment

Yahoo was reporting that he'll start Thursday this morning.

Comment

It figures. I was offered Bauer for Rizzo and turned it down. Of course Rizzo was pulled from his AAA game, so ...

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          It figures. I was offered Bauer for Rizzo and turned it down. Of course Rizzo was pulled from his AAA game, so ...

J
          There is no "so..." about it, Rizzo was called up.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
          X