Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moustakas/Profar for CC/AGon/Beckham

10-team AL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

Right now I'm in 1st place by a decent margin (84.5/72/64) due to bounce-back years from Dunn and Austin Jackson and some fortunate FA pick-ups (Plouffe, Moss, Hammel, Frieri, etc.) Offense has been rock solid (1st in runs, SB, OBP; 2nd in RBI; 3rd in HR) and Crawford/Dirks should be back in less than a month. Pitching has been up and down - Verlander and Hammel have been excellent, Shields pretty good, just traded for Pettitte, then Derek Lowe and Ubaldo are meh.

I would be trading:
    Moustakas ($5 through 2013, can be extended to $10 through 2014)
    Profar ($5 once he's called up, 3-year contract)

for

CC (too expensive to keep)
    Adrian Gonzalez (way too expensive to keep)
    Gordon Beckham or Alexei Ramirez (not worth keeping)

I'm trying not to include Profar since he's projected to be such a stud, but it doesn't look like the deal will go down without him. CC would help a lot since I'm 5th in K's and wins. At this point AGon would actually be a downgrade from Moustakas, but I'm hoping for a bounce-back. Beckham or Alexei would replace Alexi Casilla in my MI slot.

I know flags fly forever and all that jazz, but a few things give me pause:
    1. Is AGon having a 2011 Dunn-like off year or can he bounce back?
    2. Do I already have a good enough team to win without giving up my only stud minor leaguer?
    3. Will my SP be fine with Ubaldo turning a corner and Pettitte recently being added to my staff?

Thanks for your help!

Anybody?

I asked him for Beltre instead of AGon, still waiting to hear back

Comment

I'd think about it with Beltre, but if it's Gonzo's shoulder then I don't see it improving this year. I don't trust Ubaldo, so I might try to do Profar for CC and a 2nd piece and leave Moose out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Anybody?

I asked him for Beltre instead of AGon, still waiting to hear back
        That's giving up quite a bit of potential performances for a flag.

I've recently traded away Moustakas, but stop at trading Profar. I don't know if I have a team that's going to play for all the jelly beans, though. I want to keep him to build around for the future.

If you're going to trade both, I would rather have Beltre. I have NO faith in Ubaldo. Adding CC to your team would make for a killer starting rotation in an AL-only league.

How does the team in 2nd place look? Many key injuries? Does the team have potential trading partners? Can you trade parts of your team to help others pass him in categories?

As you know, a 12 point lead at this point in the season can be made up pretty easily. It's nice to be in that position right now, but you'll be constantly looking over your shoulder should you have a key injury. Getting this infusion of talent would really strengthen your chances.

Best of luck to you.
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Thanks guys, I ended up making the trade with Beltre instead of AGon. Turns out this trade partner was also in talks with the 3rd place guy so that could've turned the tides a little bit.

The 2nd place team and I had been jockeying back and forth for most of the season until Plouffe and Moss started hitting homers everywhere and I skyrocketed in the hitting categories. He's got Ellsbury coming back soon and just got his first start from Oswalt, so I was a bit worried about him making a comeback, especially since that's exactly what he did to the team who led all of last year...until the final day. That owner failed to make one last trade - thinking he had it all locked up - so I didn't want it to happen to me as well.

It really hurt giving up Profar, but with our somewhat limited keeper window I think prospects get overrated a little bit. I know Profar's a special talent, but how often do shortstops set the world on fire right away? Plus, where is Texas going to play him?

Comment

Oh, and an added bonus is that I'd love to finish with as close to a perfect 100 roto points as possible. The league record is 90.5 and I'm at 88 right now. If CC can add some wins and K's while lowering my ratios I'd have a pretty good chance of breaking that.

Comment

Working...
            X