Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6th keeper in a 20 team H2H dynasty league, Oswalt or Brian Wilson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th keeper in a 20 team H2H dynasty league, Oswalt or Brian Wilson?

Hey there gang,

Just now found the new site, glad I did, I thought RJ died, and I was freaking out!

Anyway, I need help picking my 6th keeper in a 20 team H2H league. It's not standard 5x5, but a 7x7 league with extra categories being OBP, Doubles, Losses, and Holds.

My keepers:

1B: Teixeira
    CI: Votto
    3B: Beltre
    OF: Braun

SP: Haren

Do I keep Oswalt or take the "top" closer in Wilson, even though I feel that closers always seem to be undervalued in a league such as this, but he would be the top one taken. Keep in mind also that I won the league last year, so I have the last pick after all the keeper rounds.

Only other options on my team as possible keepers (but not in the same league) are Quentin, Kubel, and Johan Santana (but obviously he's a NO!)

I would think that adding holds would greatly devalue closers, but maybe my logic is off. Wouldn't an elite MR be just as valuable as an elite closer in this system? Wouldn't say, Luke Gregerson, his high Ks, and 40 holds, be not too far off in value of Wilson? If do, I think you have to go with the SP. The pool of reliever talent is a lot deeper with holds.

Comment

Saves are still a category. Easier to target than holds. So I am easily keeping one of the top three closers in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I would think that adding holds would greatly devalue closers, but maybe my logic is off. Wouldn't an elite MR be just as valuable as an elite closer in this system? Wouldn't say, Luke Gregerson, his high Ks, and 40 holds, be not too far off in value of Wilson? If do, I think you have to go with the SP. The pool of reliever talent is a lot deeper with holds.
        Funny you say that, because I also have Gregerson. That's why I always feel closers are overvalued in this league, and makes them just as valuable as holds guy just like you said.

My first indication was to keep a top 3 closer, but keeping Oswalt on that Phillies team is hard to pass up as well.

Closers are also hard to judge after the top tier ones though, just like MR's.

Comment

My question is, why would you keep Haren over Oswalt? That being said, I'd throw the closer back.

Comment

Working...
          X