Which Deal is Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Deal is Better?

12 team AL only 5x5 normal cats with K/IP. F (FAAB) players can only be kept for one year and all salaries under $10 get bumped up to $10 if kept.

Trade A:

Chris Sale - $11B
    Neftali Feliz - $13 C13
    Mark Lowe - $1F (Feliz' DL replacement)
    John Jaso - $1A
    Brandon Snyder - $ 2F
    Adam Rosales - $1F
    Johnny Damon - $41F
    Adam Lind - $22A
    Dellin Betances - $5M
    2013 1st Round Pick

for

CC Sabathia - $29A
    Max Scherzer - $18C12
    Matt Wieters - $20A
    Alexi Casilla - $9B
    Michael Brantley - $12 C12
    Delmon Young - $23A

Trade B:

Brandon McCarthy $6B
    Alex Cobb $12F
    Casper Wells $1A
    Yan Gomes $17F
    Brendan Ryan $1A
    Chris Iannetta $9A
    Leonys Martin $5M
    Martin Perez $10M
    2013 First Round Pick

for

CC Sabathia $29A
    Max Scherzer - $18C12
    Matt Wieters - $20A
    Michael Brantley - $12 C12
    Lonnie Chisenhall $17F
    Trade A
    0%
    Trade B
    0%
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Not a fan of either but gun to my head I'll take B for McCarthy and Cobb.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Thanks. Any other opinions?

No one has voted yet either.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Sorry, don't really like either. I guess A sucks less since Sale is in it???

Comment

I like B of the two - Martin kept at 10 could still be good value, and McCarthy and Cobb help. But I'd likely do neither and go shopping elsewhere.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

No need to apologize. I am the owner of the McCarthy package and the Sabathia owner traded for the Sale package instead of mine and I am having a little case of sour grapes so I wanted to see if it's justified.

I felt my package is better and here is what I told him. Feliz is going to be going into another year with very little starting games under his belt, due to the injury and reports that he'll be in the bullpen, when he comes back next year. Who knows what his role will be and he's locked into his contract so you have to keep him or lose $3 off your draft day budget. Sale has never been a starting pitcher in his professional career and the workload could be very taxing on his arm come next year. He will be going into his option year so you'd have him for $11 for one year or $16 for two (which I think would be risky considering the sudden increase in work load). On the other hand, McCarthy has always been a starter so there is no problem with the work load. Though he too would have to be extended but he's $5 cheaper and $11 for two years seems much more bearable. I kind of joked that Cobb would be a better keep than Feliz and you have the bonus of not being locked into his contract.

You can say Martin Perez and Betances are a wash, as are the first round picks obviously. Then I am also adding Leonys Martin, a prospect he's really liked for several years, and Iannetta, someone he said he liked. Adam Lind at $22 is a total bone, sure he could come back and have a great second half but that's unlikely.

I just felt my overall package of players is better and I asked for less in return.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Package B was better then A

Comment

Working...
              X