Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullet to the head or five to the chest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet to the head or five to the chest?

Going forward (this year and next), whom do you think is the better play? Typical 5x5 260

Tim Lincecum 37
    Matt Latos 16

Talking with a fellow owner, both lamenting our respective fates due to the above pitchers... next thing I know, we swap... your basic challenge trade. But since we are last and next to last, what the hell, eh?
    Timmah at 37
    0%
    Latos at 16
    0%

The poll is expired.

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Latos - mainly because he is cheaper. But he has at least had flashes of his old self a couple of times. Lincecum isn't doing anything.

Comment

I would go with Latos and the extra $21 to spend next year.

If I needed K's to finish in the money this year, I probably take Lincecum. I really do not see anyway I would keep him at $37 next year.

Comment

No idea, but I read an article on Lincecum's struggles today so I will link it here in an effort to look helpful.

After giving up five runs in five innings in Seattle on Saturday, Tim Lincecum’s ERA now stands at 6.19. However, his 3.87 FIP and 3.82 xFIP stand in stark contrast to that mark, and his walk rate…
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I think it depends. I think Lincecum is the higher risk/reward choice for this year, so if you need a miracle for a money push, take a shot. If you're already in decent shape for a money push, I think Latos is a bit "safer". I don't think either of them will be a keeper for next year at those prices, so I'm ignoring that factor.

Comment

Thanks for the validation, fellas... That's the way I went... I traded Timmah to get Latos. One of those, "I'll give you Latos for Lincecum"..."Done" [hangsupphoneaftergettinganswerIneeded]

Thanks, Moneyball movie, for phone tips!
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
            X