Leake vs Eovaldi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leake vs Eovaldi?

10-team, NL 5X5. No keepers. Who do you like for rest of year, Leake or Eovaldi? I need help in all the pitching categories, but ERA/WHIP probably the most important.

Eovaldi probably has more upside, has pitched better to date, and has a better home park. On the other hand, Leake is more seasoned, and has more job security- a Lilly return, or Dempster trade could send Eovaldi right back to the minors.

Then again, Dempster's injury probably puts any trade talk on hold- and the silence has been deafening on Lilly, making me think he's out for an extended period.

My gut has me leaning towards taking the chance on Eovaldi- but would love any advice from the Pen. I'd love to sit back and watch another start or two, but I'm 98% sure that if I don't grab Eovaldi off waivers tonight, someone else will snatch him up.

I would go with Eovaldi. Theres no reason the Dodgers should be looking to replace him. He has pitched very well. Leake is way too inconsistent and prone to blow-ups.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
    X