source for minor league news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source for minor league news?

Pretty much every major roto league site has a feature where it gives you little news blurbs about your players. Is there a site that has something similar for minor leaguers? I don't need to know how all my guys are doing every day, and I don't want to go digging around on milb.com for all of the 20 or 30 guys I have in various leagues, but it'd be nice if I could enter a list of players to monitor and get the occasional update about how they're doing or if they've been promoted.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Not sure there is anything like Rotoworld specifically for minor leaguers.

I get an free email daily from BA that sends box scores of the major prospects, in it they typically put a little fact that adds a little. It is certainly not player specific, but over a course of a week I am sure I see my guys a few times.

I think Jason at one point pointed us to a site that allowed us to put individual minor league players into a web site and you could see daily and seasonal box scores. I have it set up on my work computer, but unfortunately I cannot get on this site from work.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      Not sure there is anything like Rotoworld specifically for minor leaguers.

I get an free email daily from BA that sends box scores of the major prospects, in it they typically put a little fact that adds a little. It is certainly not player specific, but over a course of a week I am sure I see my guys a few times.

I think Jason at one point pointed us to a site that allowed us to put individual minor league players into a web site and you could see daily and seasonal box scores. I have it set up on my work computer, but unfortunately I cannot get on this site from work.

This might be the one you are talking about: http://firstinning.com/
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

yup, firstinning.com

minorleaguecentral.com should also be on your lookie list for stats and splits

Comment

I, for one, am very satisfied with Rotoworld's minor league coverage.
          Take my Jameson Taillon, the No 2 overall pick behind Bryce Harper in the 2010 minor league draft.
          Here's the most recent update:

Jameson Taillon - S - Pittsburgh Pirates BRENMOORS (Farm) Monday Apr. 25, 2011
          Pirates prospect right-hander Jameson Taillon will make his professional debut Wednesday for Low-A West Virginia.
          Taillon, a 19-year-old right-hander, received a $6.5 million signing bonus after being selected with the No. 2 pick in last June's First-Year Player Draft. He'll actually face last year's No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper on Wednesday, appropriately enough. Source: Pirates.mlb.com Apr. 25 - 11:11 pm et

#notreallysatisfied
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

And I also use MiLB.com where you can bookmark your players or prospects you are tracking.

Here is some guy named Wil Myers page...

The Official Site of Minor League Baseball web site includes features, news, rosters, statistics, schedules, teams, live game radio broadcasts, and video clips.
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
              This might be the one you are talking about: http://firstinning.com/
              huh, ok. I get nervous when my news sites have the 2011 Top 10 prospects on the main page along with a link to order the 2010 prospect guide, but I'll give them a shot.

ooh, I can preorder the 2010 guide from the news page!
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                yup, firstinning.com

minorleaguecentral.com should also be on your lookie list for stats and splits
                Wow...great site, thanks MJ... love the splits and sort capability
                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                X