Son of a Beach"y"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of a Beach"y"

Page Dr James Andrews...partial tear of UCL.

guy in my league just did a dump deal and acquired him. Oops

Comment

How long do these things typically last? He was the ace of my staff.

Comment

Luebke and Beachy were my anchors this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          How long do these things typically last? He was the ace of my staff.
          Just take it out, if Dickey does not need one neither does Beachy.

Comment

re UCLs:
            Traditional knuckleballers have floated their pitches to the plate, but R. A. Dickey’s knuckleballs come in considerably faster.

"R.A. Dickey is 37, and has pitched his whole career without an ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow."

re Beachy, or Lynn, or McDonald or Miley, or any other young SP boldly trying to go where they've never gone before innings-wise - if you're trying to win a pennant, get reinforcements NOW if you have prospects to trade. Pitching does violent things to an arm, especially one not used to pitching a 200+-inning MLB pace.

Strongly consider dealing them and getting back high-priced or lame-duck guys like Cain, Greinke, Hamels, Wandy (if you keep AL stats), or Hanson (probably safe, but yeah).

I may do this with McDonald at 1, but I'm 27 pts back so is it too much to overcome?
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-19-2012, 06:18 AM.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Traded Luebke, Beachy and Kimbrel for Morse and Bumgarner in a 5 player keeper a week before the season started and was kicking myself before the deal even went through completely. It doesn't look so bad right now though. Most likely end up keeping Bumgarner out of it all. Kimbrel is pitching studly though.

Comment

going in for TJ.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Knew it was coming since his last start ended early, but it still feels like a ton of bricks being dropped on me when i hear that it is now official. He was one of my sleepers in 2011 and i followed him all of last spring training with the hope that he would win a spot in the Braves rotation. When he did, i picked him up without hesitation and never looked back as he became one of the best young pitchers in the NL. One of the anchors of my rotation this year as a keeper that i planned on having for two more years at a bargain price. Now it looks like i'll have to cut him loose as my DL is full and he'll have practically no value in 2013.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Knew it was coming since his last start ended early, but it still feels like a ton of bricks being dropped on me when i hear that it is now official. He was one of my sleepers in 2011 and i followed him all of last spring training with the hope that he would win a spot in the Braves rotation. When he did, i picked him up without hesitation and never looked back as he became one of the best young pitchers in the NL. One of the anchors of my rotation this year as a keeper that i planned on having for two more years at a bargain price. Now it looks like i'll have to cut him loose as my DL is full and he'll have practically no value in 2013.
                    It was a done deal once the tear was announced. Some pitchers try to rehab it without surgery, but that almost never works and just prolongs the recovery time.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      This is almost exactly my thoughts. I felt connected to him because he was a gem I felt I found.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        It was a done deal once the tear was announced. Some pitchers try to rehab it without surgery, but that almost never works and just prolongs the recovery time.
                        Almost never, true, but it did work out for Ervin Santana. I've thought he'd finish off that tear for years now, but it has held up.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          guy in my league just did a dump deal and acquired him. Oops
                          I did that with Tulo 2 weeks ago. Also included Dickey figuring I was selling as high as possible even at a $1 price (mid-depth league). Got Braun and Kershaw too but traded the best in my minors and $1 Dickey, $1 Hill, $1 Laroche, minors d'arnaud, middlebrooks, j.parker

I won't keep:
                          Tulo, Braun, Kershaw

for

$1 Dickey, $1 Hill, $1 Laroche, minors (no salary) d'arnaud, middlebrooks, j.parker

12 tm, hard to swallow the talent loss when i've actually lost ground in the standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Almost never, true, but it did work out for Ervin Santana. I've thought he'd finish off that tear for years now, but it has held up.
                            Ervin Santana was exactly who I was thinking about when I said almost. He has shocked me.

Comment

Working...
                            X