Anthony Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Bass

Doig, what's up with this guy? He was so good. Now he is struggling bad. Can't trade him for anything. If I'm contending this year, dump him or ride it out?
    Any scouting reports? Lots of walks lately.

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    If I'm contending this year, dump him or ride it out?
    Time to throw this one back. Catch and release.

Comment

Bump.

Padres homers, any update or insight?

Comment

srry man been workin 2 FT jobs while the WSoP is in town.

Bass has declines for a couple of reasons, first--Like I said before--Padre pitchers have had to endure bad defense and poor offensive support that I'd said would lead to each of them wearing down mentally, which is where Bass is--he's king of a broken man right now--it's all in his head (I took him out of my line up a couple of weeks ago) This is why the Padres are hiring any spare they can rather than bring up any more young arms--they don't want to ruin them psychologically. he'll get his **** straight, but I wouldn't think it
        'll be until the Padres as an organization, turn the corner--which I see happening in August sometime when they're sold.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Bump.

Padres homers, any update or insight?
          Hope you traded him in that deal you wanted advice on! I knew this Bass guy was a slug. What was it, Bass + someone else for Heath Bell + Tony Campana? That deal was a home run for you.

Comment

Never got the chance. Guy got cold feet. Haven't been able to get the deals done this year. May need to adjust expectations!

Comment

Working...
            X