Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Bryce Harper and Mike Trout be All-Stars this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Bryce Harper and Mike Trout be All-Stars this year?

Should Bryce Harper and Mike Trout be All-Stars this year?
    Both
    0%
    Neither
    0%
    Just Trout
    0%
    Just Harper
    0%

Yes I think so.

Comment

As of today. Trout definitely. Harper no, but very close.

If you based being an All-Star on how one plays the game, then they should be the top vote getters!

I don't see how anyone can justify trout not being an All-Star with his numbers and defense. Dude is the best player in MLB for the last few weeks.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

As a fan, I took a much longer time horizon and would have argued that Harper and Trout in no way deserved to go to the All-Star game this year. Now that baseball consumes my day-to-day world, I can relate much better to the perspective that wants to see the best stars of RIGHT NOW, even if they don't have the track record or may flame out tomorrow without leaving much of an impression. When you are thinking about this stuff so much every day, a month or two seems like an eternity.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          As of today. Trout definitely. Harper no, but very close.

If you based being an All-Star on how one plays the game, then they should be the top vote getters!

I don't see how anyone can justify trout not being an All-Star with his numbers and defense. Dude is the best player in MLB for the last few weeks.
          Why? He's the best player on his team.

From a marketing standpoint the decision to make them All-Stars would make even more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            Why? He's the best player on his team.

From a marketing standpoint the decision to make them All-Stars would make even more sense.
            I forgot about that ridiculous player from every team rule. But what about Gio?

My very close comment was mainly due to the marketing effect of having Harper on the team.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It is an exhibition game and they should be shown to the world.

Comment

I will go with Trout only, but its close. Another bomb and 2 SB tonight.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  I will go with Trout only, but its close. Another bomb and 2 SB tonight.

J
                  That was last night ...

As a fan, I want to see both of the premier kid bats in the all star game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    I forgot about that ridiculous player from every team rule. But what about Gio?

My very close comment was mainly due to the marketing effect of having Harper on the team.
                    There's also that Strasburg guy. I think a few people may have heard of him. The Nats don't have to worry about being a one-player team this year; they are leading a tough division for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      There's also that Strasburg guy. I think a few people may have heard of him. The Nats don't have to worry about being a one-player team this year; they are leading a tough division for a reason.
                      Maybe they'll start scoring runs for Zimmerman when he starts

Comment

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe asked 55 people in baseball if they'd rather have Bryce Harper or Mike Trout. The final tally: Harper 25, Trout 24, six undecided. Athletics GM Billy Beane was one of the six on the fence and likely had the best quote of anyone. "Beatles or Stones? They’re both great, aren’t they?"

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe asked 55 people in baseball if they'd rather have Bryce Harper or Mike Trout.  …

Comment

Working...
                        X